Thread: Feb 29th perching for ms.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Feb 29th perching for ms.

Well it was that time of year again and unfortunately it was last year for perching for ms.
    We had a decent day but not a great day of fishing lol. Our first 3 or 4 fish we missed leaving us struggling to catch up to the rest of the teams. In the first hour we had missed some short strikers and had nothing in the pail.
    A few messages go out to see how some others are doing. They all have fish in the pail. Sounds good as last year was a tough bite. People catching fish is a good thing I think one had 5 in the pail and Brad's team had 3 in the bucket. Things started to get better for us and we started connecting with some fish. But so is everyone lol. We were on some good fish with a nice over all average. As the morning went we able to put 6 good fish in the pail 4 of them jumbos. Then things sorta died off again my daughter lost 2 really good ones and missed a herring. At about noon some whitties moved in and would not leave at all. They just toyed with us for about 20 minutes of the last hour with some herring schools aswell..

The day was great got to spend it with my middle daughter and caught some fish to boot. We didn't change up tactics at all left the same 4 baits on lol. We also missed a few other fish from minor difficulties such as tangled lines lol. So I missed a fish another charges up as I bring it up we have a tangled line with daughter. I get it undone send them back down fish was coming up again to charge it. We both jiggle a bit and nothing. The fish goes back down and I see I am jigging my daughters line again
    Bring it up and it like a birds nest no wonder we didn't connect. We definitely had the opportunity to bring in a full pail but it just wasn't ment to be lol.

Now if there is no more ms my daughter and I plan on fishing another one or two of the smaller ones. Or the barrie home builders.

Some big weights came in this year think 10th place was just under or low 8 pounds . I think 9th was 8.2 . My buddy in 6th was 8.8 pounds first place was just over 10 pounds and 2nd was just under high 9 for ten fish.

Al took big fish with chongo at 1 .7 pound perch. Nice fish guys. [emoji106]

Thanks again to all the volunteers to make a great event for so many years.

A few pics from the day.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Another 2 pics . One from the last and the first year we partnered together many years ago that was fun day and exiting day [emoji106]

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Precious time with your daughter and a great cause!
    Based on your beard and the older photo of your daughter looks like you were the winners in 2015. Well done and cudos for supporting for many years!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Looks like a great day - nice work!
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Great pics. Great souvenirs. Man I would sit at your table any day. Nice plate. Haha
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by reelingMachine View Post
    Precious time with your daughter and a great cause!
    Based on your beard and the older photo of your daughter looks like you were the winners in 2015. Well done and cudos for supporting for many years!
    Thanks

Yes that was us .. was a great day on the hard water that's day. Lots of hi fives and hooting and hollering lol. We ended up bringing 28 fish home that day.
    Seems 28 fish is the magic number lol. My other tournament partner Brad the one making the videos, we took first last year at another big tournament again I took the magic 28 perch home [emoji1787][emoji106]

My buddy at ms that took 6th this year they got 16 fish .

We are still not consistent like others and bounce around all over the place lol. Only need one good day on thos days.

Was another impressive year for big bags this year.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Looks like a great day - nice work!
    Thanks..

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Great pics. Great souvenirs. Man I would sit at your table any day. Nice plate. Haha
    Haha thanks.

When I was plating I laughed and said now this is a hungry man's breakfast lol.

Got fish on a bun on my mind since yesterday's perch lol. But I gave those away after I cleaned them to a freinds grandparents. I give them some whitefish every year he was complaining the last time his perch person wasn't doing well last year and never gave him any. So I gave them a perch meal aswell, that's when my cravings for the fish on the bun came . Now I picked up some fresh buns and will use today's whitefish [emoji106].

Last edited by fishfood; March 5th, 2020 at 07:01 PM.