Thread: suggestions for grouse hunting camps within 6 hours of the GTA

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default suggestions for grouse hunting camps within 6 hours of the GTA

Now that I find myself with a great deal of free time on my hands - I decided I would like to head up for an enjoyable grouse hunt this fall and was looking for some respectable camps that have some decent grouse hunting with 6 hours of the GTA----was hoping that maybe some forum members might be able to suggest a place or two.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Any huntable logging road anywhere north of the French river will have grouse.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stilchen67 View Post
    Now that I find myself with a great deal of free time on my hands - I decided I would like to head up for an enjoyable grouse hunt this fall and was looking for some respectable camps that have some decent grouse hunting with 6 hours of the GTA----was hoping that maybe some forum members might be able to suggest a place or two.
    Thanks
    There's a crap ton of Crown land north of Huntsville and many resorts that are eager for end-of-season business from folks looking for weekend enjoyment. An internet search will show you which are open and where large tracts of Crown land can be hunted. If you're the least bit adventurous,Crown land camping is free for the taking for a weekend of Grouse hunting and quiet enjoyment. Good times,man.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    There's a crap ton of Crown land north of Huntsville and many resorts that are eager for end-of-season business from folks looking for weekend enjoyment. An internet search will show you which are open and where large tracts of Crown land can be hunted. If you're the least bit adventurous,Crown land camping is free for the taking for a weekend of Grouse hunting and quiet enjoyment. Good times,man.
    As of today camping on crown land has been prohibited, who knows how long it will last.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smitty55 View Post
    As of today camping on crown land has been prohibited, who knows how long it will last.
    Yep. The OP mentioned Grouse that doesn't open until Sept. Hopefully,all this is behind us before then.