Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Heritage Fishing Tackle

  1. #11
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    could they be old out board gas tank level floats?

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troutperch View Post
    could they be old out board gas tank level floats?
    Great idea. I have seen similar.

  4. #13
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Google has a few pics of Gill floats, this is one of aluminum ones from the 30's. You may be right, similar in appearance.

    The aluminum ones as shown can still be purchased today. We find a few every spring washed up on the shores here.


    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

  5. #14
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    100_1798.jpg100_1797.jpg
    A family friend gave me an old tackle box several years ago that belonged to her father. The man passed in the 60's, and I was told he was an avid fisherman. I went through the box after seeing this thread and found these 2 old flat fish and the other (I cannot recall name). All 3 are made of wood, so I'm assuming they would be relatively old? Any ideas?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

  6. #15
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Managed to get my Grandfathers stuff that I think contained some of my Great Grandfathers tackle in an old christmas card box in the bottom of his tackle box. All proudly displayed in the mancave now. Lures 1.jpgLure 2.jpg The spinner baits are made by a now out of business company around 1910.

  7. #16
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machron View Post
    Managed to get my Grandfathers stuff that I think contained some of my Great Grandfathers tackle in an old christmas card box in the bottom of his tackle box. All proudly displayed in the mancave now. Lures 1.jpgLure 2.jpg The spinner baits are made by a now out of business company around 1910.
    Nicely done...I wish I had thought to keep more of the stuff I found in my Dad's box. Your way of displaying them is really neat.
    Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Last edited by MikePal; March 24th, 2020 at 08:29 AM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  8. #17
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The top two are flatfish, and the other is a chugger, a top water bait. Believe all three are made by Heddon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    100_1798.jpg100_1797.jpg
    A family friend gave me an old tackle box several years ago that belonged to her father. The man passed in the 60's, and I was told he was an avid fisherman. I went through the box after seeing this thread and found these 2 old flat fish and the other (I cannot recall name). All 3 are made of wood, so I'm assuming they would be relatively old? Any ideas?
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

  9. #18
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thanks Mikepal...those are his fishing rods that they are hanging from as well, old leadcore setup for lake trout trolling in the kawarthas, and the smaller all-metal rod was his trolling rod, perfect length for trolling out the back of the boat in the tinnie, allowing others to fish/troll off the sides

  10. #19
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I have a metal tackle box full of old tackle I will never use. It was passed down from an uncle.



    Some old reels as well. Boxes are not for those reels.

    Last edited by TroutSlayer; March 24th, 2020 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added reels

    TS

  11. #20
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I believe Helin is the name of the company that used to make the Flatfish.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

    Dorothy Sarnoff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •