Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Crossbow aim

  1. #11
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Lift you head too soon to see where the ball is going and you end up slicing.
    I agree ^^^ I used to do that, until a guy watching me pointed it out. Keep your form till the arrow hits.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Yep agree with species. If your daughter shoots lights out but you and your son do not it has to be user error
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

  4. #13
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Going out tomorrow to try again. Both my son and I were pulling back by hand and my daughter was using the rope cocker.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it goes.

  5. #14
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Going out tomorrow to try again. Both my son and I were pulling back by hand and my daughter was using the rope cocker.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it goes.
    This pretty much explains your issues !

  6. #15
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Just got back from shooting. This time we used the rope cocker and what a difference. Consistent 2-3" groupings at 40yrds.
    Bought this for my son's 13th bday. Carbon Express bow came with scope, rope cocker, 3 arrows and a quiver for 200 bucks.
    It's alot better starter set than I had anticipated. Now we just need find a turkey on the 25th.
    Thanks for everybody's help. Makes it alot easier on us green newbies.

  7. #16
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Glad it worked out for you
    Happy hunting!
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

  8. #17
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    A solid bow\arrows and good optics is the ticket for an accurate crossbow!


  9. #18
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Just be mindful of the distance You will be shooting at ,live beings deserve that.Good luck.

  10. #19
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Just got back from shooting. This time we used the rope cocker and what a difference. Consistent 2-3" groupings at 40yrds.
    Bought this for my son's 13th bday. Carbon Express bow came with scope, rope cocker, 3 arrows and a quiver for 200 bucks.
    It's alot better starter set than I had anticipated. Now we just need find a turkey on the 25th.
    Thanks for everybody's help. Makes it alot easier on us green newbies.
    Glad it worked out and good luck!

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

  11. #20
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Just be mindful of the distance You will be shooting at ,live beings deserve that.Good luck.

    Decoys will be at 20 and 25 yd. won't shoot past 30. Make sense?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •