Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boat Launch Closures

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Boat Launch Closures

Boat Launch Closures
    Just a general question (I have also sent email to Anglers and Hunters) in the Kawartha Lakes it says “all public launches closed” and where I live there is a launch 2min car ride away at end of a dirt road open, when I say open I mean no chain/blocks or signage. Should I consider it closed? Reason I’m asking is if I fish alone also it’s my mental release/destress from being classed as an essential worker (health care). I’m not meaning to open any cans of worms and I will also ask the city on Monday if launch is closed.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_ca View Post
    Boat Launch Closures
    Just a general question (I have also sent email to Anglers and Hunters) in the Kawartha Lakes it says “all public launches closed” and where I live there is a launch 2min car ride away at end of a dirt road open, when I say open I mean no chain/blocks or signage. Should I consider it closed? Reason I’m asking is if I fish alone also it’s my mental release/destress from being classed as an essential worker (health care). I’m not meaning to open any cans of worms and I will also ask the city on Monday if launch is closed.
    If it municipally maintained I'd be wary, if it's just a spot to dump a boat in the lake I wouldn't be all that concerned. If someone starts seeing piles of people using it....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

As our premier says if you can go cast a reel and hook giver lol.

I suggest casting your hook and line leave the reel on the rod in the boat. [emoji106][emoji1787]

Good luck crappie bite should be on fire unless they moved out already.

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

PM sent

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

https://www.895thelake.ca/2020/04/16...fCvw3LmBQd7AeA

why cant we solo launch and fish Mr Ford

Member for Life

User Info Menu

They are probably more concerned about emergency services that would be needed should someone overturn or break down.

Glad I have my tinny, I can drag it through the bush.

How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    They are probably more concerned about emergency services that would be needed should someone overturn or break down.

Glad I have my tinny, I can drag it through the bush.

I wonder what people did if they overturned or broke down before municipalities had their own marine emergency response?

I'd rather them refuse service than close the ramp.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Premier and the OMNRF Minister stated yesterday that fishing seasons would continue as scheduled. That would mean the boat ramps would need to open.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    I wonder what people did if they overturned or broke down before municipalities had their own marine emergency response?

I'd rather them refuse service than close the ramp.
    I agree however we now live in a country that has turned its population into sissies that can not look after themselves. Everyone is constantly in need of services from the governing bodies. Stand back and take a look at all the fools marching into a hospital because they have the sniffles.

We have become a country where the majority is made up of lazy weenies, and what good is a lazy weenie, they pee on everything and mess it up for others.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    I agree however we now live in a country that has turned its population into sissies that can not look after themselves. Everyone is constantly in need of services from the governing bodies. Stand back and take a look at all the fools marching into a hospital because they have the sniffles.

We have become a country where the majority is made up of lazy weenies, and what good is a lazy weenie, they pee on everything and mess it up for others.

Probably why they started charging for ice rescue around here when people should know conditions are terrible.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast