Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any boat launches open?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Isn't one of the purposes of a forum to share information? A boat launch isn't your honey hole .. ..
    Things that fly turn me on

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    I was down there about 2 weeks ago.... It was all blocked off, all the boat docks (from the yacht club)sitting in the parking lot and there was a fence around it.....No parking signs all over the place too which is a concern...... Not sure whats going on......
    I am guessing they will only open up the launch once the Government gives the all clear.....If you hear differently, please let me know, Thank you
    I follow Big John Here on YouTube - he keeps an eye on all the local boat launches. I am busy with hunting right now and really could care less if I don't get my boat in the water before June. Worst case I will head down and put in at my wifes uncles place - he has a small launch at the back of his property near the mouth of Turkey Creek.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    I follow Big John Here on YouTube - he keeps an eye on all the local boat launches. I am busy with hunting right now and really could care less if I don't get my boat in the water before June. Worst case I will head down and put in at my wifes uncles place - he has a small launch at the back of his property near the mouth of Turkey Creek.
    Have you got a link?
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddy View Post
    Isn't one of the purposes of a forum to share information? A boat launch isn't your honey hole .. ..
    Until you show up the next day and it is overflowing, 16 foot boats are loaded with 4 guys from different households and then the following day the launch has a concrete block in front of it. Why don't you go first and post up a ramp close to you that's open....

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I think he may be referring to sharing the fishing honey hole. just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    Until you show up the next day and it is overflowing, 16 foot boats are loaded with 4 guys from different households and then the following day the launch has a concrete block in front of it. Why don't you go first and post up a ramp close to you that's open....

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Have you got a link?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZ...5FMCL9D3dTqCaA

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Thanks..........
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gunter View Post
    I think he may be referring to sharing the fishing honey hole. just guessing.
    No, i meant sharing the location of boat launces.

Bandwagon - Yeah, If I was done turkey hunting and went fishing and found an open launch, I'd be happy to post it on here. Unlike a lot of people on here, I don't care if there was 100 boats there the next day. More the marier. Just keep your distance people. Like i said, a boat launch isn't a honey hole.

I don't live in internet fear like most!
    Things that fly turn me on

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I frequently use the fish on line site to plan trips, about 2 weeks ago I no longer had the map layer option that showed boat launches. I'm assuming this is a temporary measure, to help stop the spread of covid 19. Anyone else notice this or have an explanation.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swampsinger View Post
    I frequently use the fish on line site to plan trips, about 2 weeks ago I no longer had the map layer option that showed boat launches. I'm assuming this is a temporary measure, to help stop the spread of covid 19. Anyone else notice this or have an explanation.
    OK, the launches are back on the maps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12