Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaying and Neutering Covid19

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default Spaying and Neutering Covid19

Does anyone know a vet that is spaying and neutering during this pandemic?
    A bad day hunting is still better than a good day at work!
    40 year member of OFAH

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Our female dog just went yesterday to get spayed. She cried and whined all night but up and running around today. Our vet is in casselman (east of ottawa)

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I could be wrong but unless the surgery was deemed as an emergency situation, I do not believe any vet would risk their practice / license for a spay or neuter until after the current lockdown situation is eased.
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UHCH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (500 pt clubs), HRCH-UHCH GMHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH, HRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH, HR UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug SH WC, HR-UH Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Creek View Post
    I could be wrong but unless the surgery was deemed as an emergency situation, I do not believe any vet would risk their practice / license for a spay or neuter until after the current lockdown situation is eased.
    You are wrong. I have emails from the provincial government, the CVO and the OVMA all saying that it's strictly the vets discretion. I realize the vets are telling people something else.
    40 year member of OFAH

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Creek View Post
    Our vet is still open for appointment as we just got our females surgery on Wednesday the door is locked we call when get there the come to the door and take the dog, when it was all done credit card over the phone or etransfer and then they brought her to the door and gave her back with medication and everything.
    They did push back her surgery from 2 weeks ago due to them saying they were told they weren't allowed but. Their still open for stuff.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pair88 View Post
    Our vet is still open for appointment as we just got our females surgery on Wednesday the door is locked we call when get there the come to the door and take the dog, when it was all done credit card over the phone or etransfer and then they brought her to the door and gave her back with medication and everything.
    They did push back her surgery from 2 weeks ago due to them saying they were told they weren't allowed but. Their still open for stuff.
    Our vet clinic is taking the same precautions with regards to incoming and outgoing patient at the clinic, payments, etc but they are prioritizing emergency appts and vaccinations. No reproduction services with the exception of emergency c sections. It appears some vets are classifying spays and neuters under this current emergency clause using "their discretion". They are hoping the OVC, OMVA and the provincial government will allow expansion of services in the not too distant future.
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UHCH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (500 pt clubs), HRCH-UHCH GMHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH, HRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH, HR UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug SH WC, HR-UH Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I saw a survey on either the CVO or the OVMA website asking how vets were running their clinics during the pandemic. The survey showed that 90% were not doing spays or neuters. As this meant that 1 in 10 still were doing the procedures, I started phoning every vet in the area. I quickly found that the 10% seems about right. If you need this done, I suggest you google vets in your geographic area and just start calling.
    40 year member of OFAH

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

A couple next road over has a 7 month male silver lab, his neutering appointment was cancelled. They are still waiting to be rescheduled. They want to get it do, hoping it takes out some of its aggression. My girl won't be ready for spade until July so I'm hoping it all over by that time. Question, what is the going price for spade?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Our dog got it 2 weeks ago and finally all healed up was very hard to try and keep both dogs calmed down to not get her all worked up but all is well, they had cancelled before and was pushed off 2 or 3 weeks but just call around may be a longer wait time to get in but they are still doing it some places

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My vet is doing everything . Thurs. Ford announced vet clinics are now open.
    Time for heart worm testing now as the mosquitoes are going to be out with this warm weather. Vet laws require a dog to be blood tested before heart worm meds can be sold to the client. (I'll be using Spectrum.)
    I don't go into the clinic - too small a space and too many people will be coming in now that is "officially " open. I wait in the car and they retrieve and deliver the dog.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast