Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yes or no to insurance

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    rick-iles actually you may be correct under the MSVA Act owning the land isn't mentioned. Just that the snowmobile must be owned by the occupier of the land.
    Insurance
    12 (1) No person shall drive a motorized snow vehicle unless the vehicle is insured under a motor vehicle liability policy in accordance with the Insurance Act, and the owner of a motorized snow vehicle shall not permit any person to drive the vehicle unless the vehicle is so insured. 2000, c. 30, s. 6 (1).
    Production of evidence of insurance
    (2) The driver of a motorized snow vehicle who drives or permits the driving of the motorized snow vehicle shall, upon the request of a police officer or conservation officer, produce evidence that the vehicle is insured under a motor vehicle liability policy in accordance with the Insurance Act. 2000, c. 30, s. 6 (1).
    Offence for failure to have insurance
    (3) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $200 and not more than $1,000. 2000, c. 30, s. 6 (1).
    Offence for producing false evidence
    (4) Every driver of a motorized snow vehicle who produces false evidence when required to produce evidence under subsection (2) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $200 and not more than $1,000. R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44, s. 12 (4).
    Exemption
    (5)
    This section does not apply to a person driving a motorized snow vehicle on land occupied by the owner of the vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44, s. 12 (5).
    I could be mistaken,but,I think sect 5 was repealed a long time ago.
    Last edited by trimmer21; August 25th, 2020 at 04:59 PM.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

C'mon Mods! Read the forum heading:
    "Have a question about the forum features, having problems uploading a picture. Post your questions here and we will try to help you out"
    Anything else, move to the correct forum.
    TS

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boddah View Post
    Who here has insurance on all their toys? Boat, atv ,snowmobile... new purchases or used goods.
    I put liability on my ATV when I go north for moose hunt. $20 will cover me for the month than its automatically cancelled. The money I've saved not having full coverage for the last 15 years will buy me another ATV.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I could be mistaken,but,I think sect 5 was repealed a long time ago.
    Nope, it’s still there ...
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    rick-iles actually you may be correct under the MSVA Act owning the land isn't mentioned. Just that the snowmobile must be owned by the occupier of the land.
    Insurance
    12 (1) No person shall drive a motorized snow vehicle unless the vehicle is insured under a motor vehicle liability policy in accordance with the Insurance Act, and the owner of a motorized snow vehicle shall not permit any person to drive the vehicle unless the vehicle is so insured. 2000, c. 30, s. 6 (1).
    Production of evidence of insurance
    (2) The driver of a motorized snow vehicle who drives or permits the driving of the motorized snow vehicle shall, upon the request of a police officer or conservation officer, produce evidence that the vehicle is insured under a motor vehicle liability policy in accordance with the Insurance Act. 2000, c. 30, s. 6 (1).
    Offence for failure to have insurance
    (3) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $200 and not more than $1,000. 2000, c. 30, s. 6 (1).
    Offence for producing false evidence
    (4) Every driver of a motorized snow vehicle who produces false evidence when required to produce evidence under subsection (2) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $200 and not more than $1,000. R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44, s. 12 (4).
    Exemption
    (5)
    This section does not apply to a person driving a motorized snow vehicle on land occupied by the owner of the vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44, s. 12 (5).
    I was at our hunt camp last fall and was witness to a OPP officer give a ticket for just that thing, not snowmobiles but ATV's, 4 guys on our own ATV's on private land . But it was not our land. Officer said he was doing us a favor by handing out one ticket, instead of four. We split the cost.
    Last edited by fishermccann; August 25th, 2020 at 05:53 PM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Full coverage on all toys. It hurts but now a days toys don’t come cheap, want to be sure I’m covered just in case.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123