Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing quebec

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default fishing quebec

Hello everyone.
    We had a fishing trip planned for June in Quebec but decided to pull the plug on it.
    What are your thoughts on our decition ?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gunter View Post
    Hello everyone.
    We had a fishing trip planned for June in Quebec but decided to pull the plug on it.
    What are your thoughts on our decition ?
    Your plug, your decision, you live with it.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Probably a good idea to cancel, there is a chance that the border between Quebec and Ottawa will still be closed.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

good choice, time to stay home, fish locally this year.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I think a lot of people are taking a 2nd look at investing in Que...soon as it's 'back is against the wall' then outsiders are treated like crap. A lot of cottagers are re-thinking that cheap land (tax) deals that attracted them to buy there. Now they can't even cross the 'border' to get to their cottage without risking fines.

As the old saying goes.."Ontario; yours to Discover"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

In general Quebec does not want people from other provinces especially if you are English. Having worked at times in Quebec just across from Ottawa numerous times I was told by stores if you can't speak English go away. Even once had a gas station refuse to serve me near Quebec city.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I think a lot of people are taking a 2nd look at investing in Que...soon as it's 'back is against the wall' then outsiders are treated like crap. A lot of cottagers are re-thinking that cheap land (tax) deals that attracted them to buy there. Now they can't even cross the 'border' to get to their cottage without risking fines.

As the old saying goes.."Ontario; yours to Discover"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I always wished they had succeeded back during the referendum years.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Probably a good idea to cancel, there is a chance that the border between Quebec and Ottawa will still be closed.
    Border between Ontario and Quebec in my neck of the woods was opened Monday at 12:01am. The rush for cheap beer has commenced.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I knew of a few places you could cross anytime, but I didn't know they had closed up that far.
    Your crossing had Police, you must be a major crossing?

Quote Originally Posted by delmer View Post
    Border between Ontario and Quebec in my neck of the woods was opened Monday at 12:01am. The rush for cheap beer has commenced.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I knew of a few places you could cross anytime, but I didn't know they had closed up that far.
    Your crossing had Police, you must be a major crossing?
    Highway 65 into Quebec on the north end of Lake Temiskaming had police stationed and weren't allowing traffic in.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast