Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anjigaming Lake w/Air Dale

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Anjigaming Lake w/Air Dale

Do a fly in trip to Anjigaming Lake this August with some buddies.

Anyone fished the lake before? I have seen some videos and read some online reports, but they are 7 years old at this point.

Anyone got any tips? Where on the lake is the outpost cabin?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I'm using air Dale as well in September on Lake Missinaibi. Majority of those northern lakes you good with just jigs, but I'm sure husky jerks and other cranks will have the pike riled up
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Jigs and worm harness/bottom bouncer accounted for about 80% of our fish.
    #3 Mepps and a couple of crank baits to toss into the rapids

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM23 View Post
    Do a fly in trip to Anjigaming Lake this August with some buddies.

Anyone fished the lake before? I have seen some videos and read some online reports, but they are 7 years old at this point.

Anyone got any tips? Where on the lake is the outpost cabin?
    Send me your email and I will send you what I have

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Here is a contour map of the lake

Attachment 40472

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I printed off 4 of those maps you sent me of little Miss. We've got 4 months of just staring at them, lol. Thanks again pal.
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yeah, the Rapala Husky Jerk HJ12 in gold and jigs of any color will do you just fine in water that's a bit stained. I prefer jigs in 1/2 or 5/8 oz size to make sure I'm getting right on the bottom. In the morning and afternoon we usually drag a Rap around the lake then the evening fish we turn to jigs with minnows. The lake we fish is off 560, not too terribly far from where you guys will be.
    Looks like the camp is tucked away in a little bay half way down the lake on the west shore. I can just make out a dock which is usually a requirement for most fly-in lakes in the north.
    Last edited by sawbill; June 3rd, 2020 at 03:03 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBates View Post
    I printed off 4 of those maps you sent me of little Miss. We've got 4 months of just staring at them, lol. Thanks again pal.
    I'm kicking myself for not planning a spring fishing trip - have a blast and give Jen my best. Hopefully they will take to the lake in the Otter.......the Caravan is nice, but it's no Otter - LOL.

My boat is finally out of storage and in my driveway so it is time to get out and get some fishing in as I 'work from home'.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Its been said the piston Otter is the only aircraft that comes with a calendar instead of an air speed indicator. Get the Caravan.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    Its been said the piston Otter is the only aircraft that comes with a calendar instead of an air speed indicator. Get the Caravan.
    Yep.......both the Beaver and Otter were not designed for speed, they just have to be faster than a dog sled and/or a canoe. But flying in an old Beaver, Otter or my fav.......the Norseman with an old radial engine is a true Canadian experience. The Otter can take a bigger payload than the Caravan but the Caravan does have nice seats and carpeting. The inside of the Otter looks like a true work horse - looks like the inside of a cargo van (which is what it is exactly designed to do) with fold down seats.

There is an outfitter just NE of Thunder Bay flying a twin engine Beech. That is on my bucket list

BTW........Air Dale uses Watson's air and their Otter has been retrofitted with a PT6 turbine - a absolutely beautiful plane and it is hard to believe it is from 1956. The PT6 gives it better performance and fuel/maintenance savings but you are still not breaking any speed records.

Attachment 40478

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast