Thread: Marlin XT-22 lr Trigger assembly loose

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Marlin XT-22 lr Trigger assembly loose

I have this gun for a while.It shoots with a right ammo pretty good.
    Today i was target shooting and it started to fail to fire rounds.I thought it is the ammo-then it may be bolt issue(firing pin?Dry firing the gun ,it would make almost no noise........).
    Came home,cleaned the bolt(gunk maybe made the firing pin sticky?)Then i realized the bolt assembly came loose.It was wiggly in the trigger guard-side to side.Took of the stock,tightened the 2 bolts holding the assembly to the barrel,and voila-i was dry-fire testing the gun with the familiar click.

Any opinions or experiences why this would happen?Would it come back. Should i Loctite the 2 bolts with removable Loctite?

Thanx

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

It sounds like the TRIGGER assembly was what came loose, and you re-tightened it to the receiver.
    Chances are the bolts were a bit loose right from the time you got them.
    A tiny bit of Loc-tite wouldn't hurt, but as you know, you need the Loc-Tite for small screws.
    There's almost no recoil in rimfire, so I wouldn't worry about it happening again.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Dry firing a rimfire is not a real good idea.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Thank You guys for the help,i took the gun out shooting after re tightening,and the gun shoots awesome.The bolt cycling feels a bit more "tight"but no issue whatsoever with not firing or else ..........

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    Dry firing a rimfire is not a real good idea.
    X2. If you're dry-firing a rimfire for more than a couple shots, it's a good idea to insert a fired shell or snap cap in the chamber. Otherwise the firing pin whacks the sharp mouth of the chamber and can damage it.