View Poll Results: Have you thought about becoming a fishing guide?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 8.00%
  • No

23 92.00%

Thread: Polling our readers - July 2020

Administrator

User Info Menu

Default Polling our readers - July 2020

In this issue we ask, "Have you thought about becoming a fishing guide?"
    Weigh in here and vote on our home page at https://oodmag.com/.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sounds like it can be a tough job....like the guy who owns a Bait and Tackle Shop and never gets to go fishing HaHa..

The life of an Ontario fishing guide isn't for the faint-hearted. 120 days on the water working twelve hour days can seem like a daunting task for many. But for others, embracing the guiding lifestyle can be a reward in itself.

But the lifestyle doesn't come without its challenges. There are few breaks during guiding season, Beattie says, and twelve-hour days are the norm.

"Pretty early mornings," Beattie said, "off the dock at 7:00 a.m., then a shore launch at noon."

"Then we fish until five. Come back and I clean fish for the guys," he said, "then home by six or seven. It's an honest twelve hours every day."
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I do a lot of Bowfishing and it has been suggested I should take people out for a fee ....my response has always been that then I have to point the fish out for others to shoot ...you want to come along fine ,,,, but I'm shooting fish too !
    Glen

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No, then it becomes a job.... I go hunting and fishing to get away from work.....
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"