Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prejudice in hunting?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Prejudice in hunting?

As many if you know, I regularly take out new hunters for Turkey hunts or duck hunts. I am doing this more since retiring in 2012. I can honestly say that race has never been something I have even considered while out with these new hunters. It has never even entered my mind. The last few years the only big change is with taking women out hunting.
    I understand there are problems in the world but I don’t think that this needs to impact who I take out hunting. I just ask that the people I take out are respectful, ready to learn and share and pass it on to others.
    Maybe this is a chance for all of us to just concentrate on the whole hunting experiences and for a while forget about all of the outside influences.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

One of the main reasons I hunt and fish is that I can go out on the lake or hike into the bush and forget all about all that crap.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    One of the main reasons I hunt and fish is that I can go out on the lake or hike into the bush and forget all about all that crap.
    X2.........hunting and fishing is my last bastion of serenity.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Buddy and I went out the other day to our little speck lake. Its about a 30 klick drive on a bush road to the starter lake (a few small portages from there) and neither of us pay much attention to things on our way in, we're just anxious to get there and hopefully get a few fish, or tell extreme lies to everyone after the fact?
    On the way out however, we stopped at a couple of spots that we used to camp at, but have since been occupied with year round junk trailers, dilapidated campers and associated debris. It appears the guardians of the land and keepers of the waterways are still actively taking up the sites. No one there and the mess just keeps on getting worse? One of the campers (we saw last year) has collapsed on it's side and one trailer has been trashed by a bear. These will sit there forever as the MNRF has no power to order it cleaned up and obviously the band council and chief don't have the wherewithal or fortitude to have the person(s) responsible go out and clean things up?
    So, what started as a fun, exiting venture to a favorite fishing spot, surrounded by mother nature and all it provides, turns into a sour disappointing trek home and not because we didn't get any fish. It's hard to overlook the race issue when it is so glaringly obvious who the culprits are?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    Buddy and I went out the other day to our little speck lake. Its about a 30 klick drive on a bush road to the starter lake (a few small portages from there) and neither of us pay much attention to things on our way in, we're just anxious to get there and hopefully get a few fish, or tell extreme lies to everyone after the fact?
    On the way out however, we stopped at a couple of spots that we used to camp at, but have since been occupied with year round junk trailers, dilapidated campers and associated debris. It appears the guardians of the land and keepers of the waterways are still actively taking up the sites. No one there and the mess just keeps on getting worse? One of the campers (we saw last year) has collapsed on it's side and one trailer has been trashed by a bear. These will sit there forever as the MNRF has no power to order it cleaned up and obviously the band council and chief don't have the wherewithal or fortitude to have the person(s) responsible go out and clean things up?
    So, what started as a fun, exiting venture to a favorite fishing spot, surrounded by mother nature and all it provides, turns into a sour disappointing trek home and not because we didn't get any fish. It's hard to overlook the race issue when it is so glaringly obvious who the culprits are?
    Yep....Keepers of Mother Earth....

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Yep....Keepers of Mother Earth....
    They wouldn't even make good keepers of the garbage dump and recycle centers. Where it breaks and lands is for mother nature to deal with and the "other" people. Funny thing they wizz and moan about living in bad conditions when it's a result of their own laziness to clean up.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    They wouldn't even make good keepers of the garbage dump and recycle centers. Where it breaks and lands is for mother nature to deal with and the "other" people. Funny thing they wizz and moan about living in bad conditions when it's a result of their own laziness to clean up.
    Don’t you dare speak the truth, or you’ll be branded with the R-word.....
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 73hunter View Post
    Don’t you dare speak the truth, or you’ll be branded with the R-word.....
    I was always told to tell the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts nothing to do with the "R" word just how it is.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    What do you think would happen if a bunch of folks got together,cleaned the crap up and had a great,big motherin' bonfire,corn and wienie roast with the proceeds from ticket sales going to the CCFR court action? Do you think that would pucker some butt holes?
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigboy 304 View Post
    I was always told to tell the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts nothing to do with the "R" word just how it is.
    I agree with you of course...read my post with a touch of sarcasm and a big Liberal-red wagging finger.....
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast