View Poll Results: Would you like to see a like/dislike button on the Forum?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whey doesnt OOD have like button?

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Whey doesnt OOD have like button?

Title should read Why not Whey lol....Why does this forum not have a like button for comments? I know this isnt fakebook but seriously, can we get a like button for comments on here? Most state of the art forums these days have them. Its nice to see common agreement or no agreement on issues raised. Its also nice to show appreciation for other's opinions.

Something for OOD to consider... anyone know why there isnt one on here? Feel free to comment if you agree or disagree since there isnt a like button to show agreement...lol...also need an option to edit the title of a post for people who suck at proofreading lol
    Last edited by Deer Wrastler; June 19th, 2020 at 03:11 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You can edit the title in the 'advanced' mode under editing. But I think it only works until someone has replied...there seems to be some restrictions, but does work within a few minutes of posting

The : ^ agree, x2, ditto, all work fine with a quoted reply. There are only a handful of regular guys on the forum so I don't see a 'like' button would enhance the experience.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

We use to have a Like and Dislike buttons, somebody complained and they were removed.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    We use to have a Like and Dislike buttons, somebody complained and they were removed.
    Wasn't that a 'friend' button GW....to see who had the most forum friends

Member for Life

User Info Menu

No pretty sure we had a thumbs up and down button several years ago.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Wrastler View Post
    Title should read Why not Whey lol....Why does this forum not have a like button for comments? I know this isnt fakebook but seriously, can we get a like button for comments on here? Most state of the art forums these days have them. Its nice to see common agreement or no agreement on issues raised. Its also nice to show appreciation for other's opinions.

Something for OOD to consider... anyone know why there isnt one on here? Feel free to comment if you agree or disagree since there isnt a like button to show agreement...lol...also need an option to edit the title of a post for people who suck at proofreading lol
    We can look into this, let me consult with the rest of the OOD team and see why it was removed, if that is the case. Thank you for your constructive feedback, I'll reach back when I hear.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It would seem that the reason why the like/dislike function was removed was because it attracted more negativity than positivity, and it ultimately discouraged Forum users from posting. It's true that the community Forum is a place for debate and discussion, rather than Facebook (and OOD does have a Facebook page that we encourage you to utilize, if you wish), but we can hold it to a vote, if you wish.

Let us know your preference. Thank you.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeghanOOD View Post
    It would seem that the reason why the like/dislike function was removed was because it attracted more negativity than positivity,
    Negativity, on this Forum....surely you jest

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Like...
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeghanOOD View Post
    It would seem that the reason why the like/dislike function was removed was because it attracted more negativity than positivity, and it ultimately discouraged Forum users from posting. It's true that the community Forum is a place for debate and discussion, rather than Facebook (and OOD does have a Facebook page that we encourage you to utilize, if you wish), but we can hold it to a vote, if you wish.

Let us know your preference. Thank you.
    Thanks for the feedback Meghan!

I like it on forums that Im trying to form an opinion on a topic or to see what the general population thinks about an idea.

For example, if I were to ask what is your preferred crankbait for walleye or what broadhead do you recommend...its nice to see by number of likes whos answer garners the most support.

@mikepal, the quoting and saying x1 or agreed is a waste of time and space when you could just hit a like button. Not interested in reading 14 people replying back saying "agreed". It keeps threads to a manageable length.

How does a like button create negativity? Just curious I cant wrap my head around hows its a bad thing, maybe just missing something...I could see how a dislike button would be problematic, most forums have "like" only, no "dislike". If you dislike something keep it to yourself, but its nice to see common agreement.

Whens the vote? lol
    Last edited by Deer Wrastler; June 30th, 2020 at 02:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast