Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on Remington’s Model 700 XMP trigger lawsuit

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Just one more reason why muzzle control is paramount !!!!
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Just one more reason why muzzle control is paramount !!!!
    Always

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    There's a lot of owners who think they're gunsmiths. There's also a pile of shooters with severely lacking trigger squeeze techniques who mistakenly think that adjusting the trigger to it's minimum weight will fix that. One of my boys acquired a Sako Vixen .222 from a friend who was a "tinkerer". The rifle would sometimes fire inadvertently when the safety was disengaged,but,not every time. A maladjusted trigger was the culprit. The young lad had it repaired ending up with a very excellent rifle that functioned without further issue.
    Exactly why I took this to a professional. I asked him if it was played with before and he said it looked like it had. He is a known gunsmith, the guy you want to take your guns too, I trust what he says and what he does. Now I know a lot more about it and I can take the stock off and check the gun to see how things actually work due to this video but will not mess with it on my own.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It's time manufacturers like Remington built tamper-proof,single set trigger assemblies. Problem solved.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It's time manufacturers like Remington built tamper-proof,single set trigger assemblies.
    From what I've learned, if it says 'tamperproff' that is seen as a challenge. HaHa.

Serious shooters would never tolerate a gun that couldn't be adjusted to their personal preferences...just saying

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It's time manufacturers like Remington built tamper-proof,single set trigger assemblies. Problem solved.
    All their rifles started out as military rifles with very safe triggers, then the public started mucking around to make them crisper and smoother, so the manufacturers gave them a trigger that does just that, only for them to muck around again and screw things up.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    From what I've learned, if it says 'tamperproff' that is seen as a challenge. HaHa.

Serious shooters would never tolerate a gun that couldn't be adjusted to their personal preferences...just saying
    True,but,then again,serious shooters wouldn't buying an ordinary rifle for precision shooting,either,right? To me,people that mess around with stuff "after market" and end up being injured is on them,not a manufacturer.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I just want to clarify to anyone who might be concerned about my earlier post stating that I did my own trigger adjustment on my rifles. I do not consider myself a gunsmith. Not even close. I have only ever adjusted my own rifles, never anyone else's, and when ever I sold one of mine I made sure to adjust them back to pretty much factory spec.
    I also agree completely with Trimmer's statement from above. "To me,people that mess around with stuff "after market" and end up being injured is on them,not a manufacturer."

Member for Life

User Info Menu

True,but,then again,serious shooters wouldn't buying an ordinary rifle for precision shooting,either,right? To me,people that mess around with stuff "after market" and end up being injured is on them,not a manufacturer.
    Yet they still sue the manufacturer and settle for millions, at least in America.

It must be the American way

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Yet they still sue the manufacturer and settle for millions, at least in America.

It must be the American way
    It's absolutely the American way. It's said that 80% of their lawyers are hard pressed to find cases simply because there's too many graduating from law school and being appointed to the bar. Not too long ago,my BIL went to ECMC in Buffalo suffering from kidney stones. Outside the ER were four or five vehicles with people in them.....ambulance chasing lawyer a**holes waiting to scoop a client or two. They even had their own designated parking area,FFS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast