Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington 20 gauge accutips?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Remington 20 gauge accutips?

Hello all, just wondering if anyone knows where to get some Remington 20 gauge accutip slugs? I seem to be having a hard time finding them. Sail in Cambridge used to have them but not anymore.

Thanks
    John

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Have you called shooters choice? Prophet River and Fishing World show the 20ga in stock if your willing to pay the shipping. I use these as well and it looks like the 20ga are in low supply. I wonder if they are going to replace them with the premier barnes expander slugs that came out a year or so ago. I see places carrying them now.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks, I’ll give them a call. 2 3/4” or 3” for deer in a 20 gauge , what would you choose? I’m thinking 3”

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I just use the 2 3/4". Added price and recoil to go with 3" for only a 50fps increase in velocity. Got a buck last year, first year switching from 12ga to 20ga. 110yd shot, he ran about 50yds and dropped over dead just as he got back to the bush. Recoil doesn't bother me but it was a pleasant surprise sighting in the 20ga. Took $200 worth of slugs before finding out the accutips were the most accurate. Nothing else was even close. If I had taken that many shots with the 12ga it would have left a nice bruise on my shoulder.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jems View Post
    Thanks, I’ll give them a call. 2 3/4” or 3” for deer in a 20 gauge , what would you choose? I’m thinking 3”
    You have to figure out what shoots in your gun

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetright View Post
    Have you called shooters choice? Prophet River and Fishing World show the 20ga in stock if your willing to pay the shipping. I use these as well and it looks like the 20ga are in low supply. I wonder if they are going to replace them with the premier barnes expander slugs that came out a year or so ago. I see places carrying them now.
    The last bunch I got were from Cabelas.ca, but I see they are out of stock... I think we will have difficulty getting ammo, due to what’s going on in the States.....
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Buy both sizes and as much as you can afford. These shells are usually hard to find come hunting season

My 220 shoots 3" better than 2/34, My buddies is the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Leads by example

User Info Menu

If the Accutips don't work out for you try Hornady SST. My Mossberg 535 with 24" rifled barrel loves them
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jems View Post
    Hello all, just wondering if anyone knows where to get some Remington 20 gauge accutip slugs? I seem to be having a hard time finding them. Sail in Cambridge used to have them but not anymore.

Thanks
    John
    What do you want to use them with.?
    If it is Savage 220-buy both 2 3/4 and 3 and try out.Most likely you will choose the 3 " eventually.There is not much recoil and $$$ difference.Yet there is some theory about the length of the shell at 3" being better for the Savage 220 chamber. My 220 prefers 3"-but does a reasonable accuracy with 2 3/4 too.
    I had a Winchester 20 gage rifled pump shotgun -which LOVED 2 3/4 Win Partition Gold(i LOVE that ammo -best out there IMHO)alas it would shoot for nothing from my 220 Savage..............so i am using 3" Accutip ,with good performance on deer.
    Where to buy?....guys mentioned above few places.Buy 10-20 boxes at once if You can afford ,and know what you want.Once, there was the same crazy scare-NO ammo(like 5 years ago or so)so i bought whatever 3" i could put my hands on............still "covered "for few years to come.
    Last edited by gbk; June 26th, 2020 at 06:31 PM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I use them in a 20 gauge Remington 870 (rifled barrel). I buy the 2 3/4 inch.....I once had a 3 inch jam. There is very little difference in velocity. 4 guys in my deer gang use them and we have shot over a dozen deer with them....none needed a second shot....they work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast