Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington 20 gauge accutips?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Sounds good, I’ll try both and see what happens, mossberg 500 is the delivery agent

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I could not find any 3 inch 20 gauge accutips last year. I called remington and they said they were not importing any others at the time because the demand in the US was high. I found 5 boxes at a local store and bought all of them.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    I could not find any 3 inch 20 gauge accutips last year. I called remington and they said they were not importing any others at the time because the demand in the US was high. I found 5 boxes at a local store and bought all of them.
    I did the same thing last fall as well, both my mother and my sister use the same ammo in 20 ga and I finally found a place that had it. Purchased all they had. Nothing like starting deer season with 4 shells lol .. . that's when you really see some action and miss a lot lol
    Things that fly turn me on

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have an 870 in 12ga, bought 4 years ago, it shoots the remington shells the best, but I wish i have bought the 20ga instead.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Well, my Mossberg 500 20 gauge doesn’t seem to like accutips very much so I think I’ll try some Hornady SST’s.
    Last edited by Jems; October 6th, 2020 at 10:25 PM.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

you wont find accutips idk why ive been looking EVERYWHERE. cant find them, also cant find horadys anymore right now too. only thing i can find is remington "expanders" these are basically the only sabot slugs i could find right now

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Cabelas told me accu tips are discontinued now that Remington went under.

Not sure I 100% believe that....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Cabelas told me accu tips are discontinued now that Remington went under.

Not sure I 100% believe that....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    I called Gagnons Sports and they told me the same thing.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    you wont find accutips idk why ive been looking EVERYWHERE. cant find them, also cant find horadys anymore right now too. only thing i can find is remington "expanders" these are basically the only sabot slugs i could find right now
    I was going to try the remington expanders because I always like the performance of the old federal sabots with the barnes bullet. But now that remington has been pieced out and sierra owns barnes, they might not be around long either.

I hope that's not true about the accutips as they were the only one that gave me good groups in my gun. My LGS had 10-15 boxes of 20ga 2 3/4 last time I was in. Maybe I'll go in and clean out the shelf if this rumor is true.
    Last edited by cantgetright; October 7th, 2020 at 07:26 AM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Well went to my LGS. Missed them by an hour. He said someone cleaned out all the 20ga he had, nearly 30 boxes. Still has 12ga left

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast