View Poll Results: Do you want like/dislike features back on the Forum?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 76.74%
  • No

10 23.26%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you like the Forum to have a like/dislike button?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Would you like the Forum to have a like/dislike button?

The community Forum used to have like/dislike buttons. Would you like this feature back again?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Personally I would rather this forum stay as is. It's the only form of social media that I use and the less it feels like Facebook or Twitter or something, the better.

An exchange of information, healthy discussion and helping out those new to the outdoors is what it's all about, not a popularity contest.

I think there is plenty of support here for a like button though.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I could do without.... A comment or shared thought is always a lot nicer IMO......
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    I could do without.... A comment or shared thought is always a lot nicer IMO......
    ^ agree....x2...Ditto....

My thoughts exactly !!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

X 3 for me.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I don’t think it’s necessary for a like button. How hard is it for someone to share his or hers thoughts on a pic
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Interesting results...10 people say 'Yes" no comments. Six people say 'No'...and 5 provide a comment with a point of view.

Being that an active forum is about discussion and debate...one would wonder why the 'Yes' side don't contribute more.
    Last edited by MikePal; July 5th, 2020 at 06:32 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sometimes it’s not worth commenting. A polite like/dislike can keep it civil yet reflect general opinions.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I voted no, mostly because the "post counters" will use it as a tool to hit the magic "50 posts to sell stuff" goal. I can see people hitting "Like" or "Dislike" on every post on the forum to get their counts up into the top ten, but hey, I don't really care anymore. Looks like 20 of our 15,000 members have voted. Add the buttons, my fingers are ready!
    Last edited by TroutSlayer; July 12th, 2020 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Numbers changed.
    TS

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

YES like button

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast