Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a drive in camp

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Looking for a drive in camp

Hi All, I am looking to possibly make a change in my annual fishing destination. I currently go to a place about 2 hours north of Sudbury with my father every year. He will be 80 this year and the place we go to we move around a lot to different lakes and I am considering looking for a place where we can keep the boat in the water and not have to leave to find good fishing. I have a 17 footer with a 10 horse motor so not a large boat. Just want to catch fish. Where we currently go Walleye can be difficult and we end fishing for smallmouth a lot because we like to catch fish. I was looking at the french river but it sounds like in recent years that can be difficult fishing from what I have read. Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Well for the next while you can't come across the border anyway, you may exert your efforts in home territory.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 10pointIN View Post
    Hi All, I am looking to possibly make a change in my annual fishing destination. I currently go to a place about 2 hours north of Sudbury with my father every year. He will be 80 this year and the place we go to we move around a lot to different lakes and I am considering looking for a place where we can keep the boat in the water and not have to leave to find good fishing. I have a 17 footer with a 10 horse motor so not a large boat. Just want to catch fish. Where we currently go Walleye can be difficult and we end fishing for smallmouth a lot because we like to catch fish. I was looking at the french river but it sounds like in recent years that can be difficult fishing from what I have read. Any suggestions?
    It's unfortunate,but,the Canada/US border is likely to remain closed for quite some time,yet. This year's fishing and hunting seasons for non-residents will be a wash until next year,at least.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I'm looking at next year. My wife is from London Ontario and the longer the border stays closed the longer I don't have to see my mother in law.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I'm looking at next year. My wife is from London Ontario and the longer the border stays closed the longer I don't have to see my mother in law.
    LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Here's some info that might help you? Lots to choose from. https://www.algomacountry.com/

Member for Life

User Info Menu

By Jeezes,there be a silver lining right there.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

You could look into something on Lake Nipissing. Big lake with lots of variety (walleye, perch, bass, pike, musky, burbot and more). Never been there but heard good things about this place:

https://www.mashkinonjelodge.com/

One caveat - i have never fished Nip much in the summer only on the ice. Ice fishing though has been great with lots of walleye and jumbo perch so i figure summer must be pretty good too. Tough slot size for walleye on Nip so if you like to eat your walleye it can be a challenge to manage a few keepers but i know on the ice 20 walleye/day were not uncommon just tough to get them in the slot.

You could also check this site out if you are interested in Nip - there are a lot of guys on this site that really know the lake:

https://www.lakesimcoeoutdoors.com/forums/
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If you want to catch lots of Walleye, head to the Bay of Quinte. Not wilderness but really good numbers of Walleye. The pike and Bass fishing is good there too.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMatthews View Post
    If you want to catch lots of Walleye, head to the Bay of Quinte. Not wilderness but really good numbers of Walleye. The pike and Bass fishing is good there too.
    Is that doable in a small boat with a 10 horse like mine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast