View Poll Results: Do you want to get rid of the off-topic section?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 27.78%
  • No

39 72.22%
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to get rid of the off-topic section?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Default Do you want to get rid of the off-topic section?

Some users have voiced the opinion that the off-topic section holds no place on the OOD community Forum. While a counter-argument could be that the off topic section at least provides a home for topical global discourse, encouraging the hunting & fishing threads to be solely hunting and fishing, I defer to your votes.

Do you want to get rid of the off topic section? Please vote in the comments below or at the poll above.

Thanks folks.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Tough one..I see other forums who have Off topic forums that work well, either they are more civilized or are heavily moderated. Nice to have a place to ask questions about wiring trailers, backwoods skills or best accessory to buy etc etc.

But there is a dark side and as the Animals once sang....it's also a place that has "been the ruin of many a poor boy" HaHa..

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have to say no. It's a members only place and it's useful to have a place to post or talk about really none outdoor topics.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    I have to say no. It's a members only place and it's useful to have a place to post or talk about really none outdoor topics.
    x2 "Liked"

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    X3. If we got rid of off topic, we would have off topic posts in forums everywhere.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yes

I'm on another forum where we talk about hunting and dogs. There is an off topic category, but it is rarely used- no politics/religion talk allowed.

Here, MOST of the posts are in the off topic section and few in the hunting, fishing, dogs categories. I think that's sad.
    Maybe if there was no Off Topic section this forum would go back to what it once was.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Member for Life

User Info Menu

IMHO, the Off Topic section is a good fit !! Perhaps a bit more “moderating “ would be in order...
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

The way I see it, it's like the Keg offering a vegan menu. Rarely venture there, I'd be surprised if I have more than a dozen post in that section, so wouldn't miss it if it where gone.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    IMHO, the Off Topic section is a good fit !! Perhaps a bit more “moderating “ would be in order...
    ^^^^^^^ THIS!! ^^^^^^^ I think we still need a "like" button,too.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    ^^^^^^^ THIS!! ^^^^^^^ I think we still need a "like" button,too.
    Who doesn't like that shot of dopamine when some 'likes' your post HaHa..

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast