View Poll Results: Do you want to get rid of the off-topic section?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 27.78%
  • No

39 72.22%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to get rid of the off-topic section?

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

If no person has ever got in at least 1 argument in the hunt camp with a good bud over a few brews, then they might not want to go to the OT.
    We all have different ideas on the same subject and sometimes in person it gets heated.
    Online, people can lose their minds over an opinion or topic even easier, I think partly because they know there will not be immediate consequences, especially physical ones.
    OT is an outlet to mix it up with different ideas, and sometimes vent about injustices or silly crap that just doesn't fit anywhere else but would interest our hunting brothers and sisters.
    Don't like it, don't read it but PLEASE DO NOT DICTATE TO ME what you think I should or shouldn't read or write.
    Sugar and snowflakes will both melt, do not let a persons words be the medium that causes that melting.
    John

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I enjoy the off topic section. What I find troublesome is when threats get move, there is no indication of where they have been move to. It would be nice to have a note " Move to ......"

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    I enjoy the off topic section. What I find troublesome is when threats get move, there is no indication of where they have been move to. It would be nice to have a note " Move to ......"

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut
    A lot of threads are also being deleted with no notice as to why and which Mod is doing it. Used to be a curtesy that appears to have gone to the wayside.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    A lot of threads are also being deleted with no notice as to why and which Mod is doing it. Used to be a curtesy that appears to have gone to the wayside.
    Definitely agreed-brought this up before myself too(in a way).

Removing anything without notice and explanation leads to : lack of understanding-robbing one of the opportunity to learn -losing trust - discourages direct dialogue....You name it.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

ive voiced my opinion on this before but ill throw it out there again.

off topic section becomes a political dog fight on almost every post, even though theres a "political" thread section as well. i would say 70% of the posts end up with comments regarding liberals, left. right. up. or down.
    for those saying this forum will die without a off topic section why are you here in the first place then? are you here for political debates? or for hunting fishing and outdoor topics? maybe if half of the people who posted in offtopic religiously posted in hunting or fishing it wouldn't look that way would it?

ive always seen the offtopic section as a place to post things that have to do with the overall "hunting fishing outdoors" topics but doesnt have a specific sub topic for it.

i know alot of you, if not all of you are older than i am, why stress and argue so much about this political crap? youve been on this earth longer than i am dont you guys know nothing will change? arent you tired of blabbing about stuff that just causes your mind to go nuts ?

im certain arguing and bringing up political issues on a outdoors forum certainly wont sway anyone's opinion about anything let alone fix whatever political party you've been angry at for half your life.
    i dont care if youre left right up down sideways upsidedown i couldnt care less. im here for hunting topics or anything that remotely has to do with hunting period.

only two things i see that would fix the issues i bring up is either more moderators, or removing it all together.

(my vote as of right now to the question is yes)

hope everyone has a great day. happy huntin

just my 2 cents.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    ive voiced my opinion on this before but ill throw it out there again.

off topic section becomes a political dog fight on almost every post, even though theres a "political" thread section as well. i would say 70% of the posts end up with comments regarding liberals, left. right. up. or down.
    for those saying this forum will die without a off topic section why are you here in the first place then? are you here for political debates? or for hunting fishing and outdoor topics? maybe if half of the people who posted in offtopic religiously posted in hunting or fishing it wouldn't look that way would it?

ive always seen the offtopic section as a place to post things that have to do with the overall "hunting fishing outdoors" topics but doesnt have a specific sub topic for it.

i know alot of you, if not all of you are older than i am, why stress and argue so much about this political crap? youve been on this earth longer than i am dont you guys know nothing will change? arent you tired of blabbing about stuff that just causes your mind to go nuts ?

im certain arguing and bringing up political issues on a outdoors forum certainly wont sway anyone's opinion about anything let alone fix whatever political party you've been angry at for half your life.
    i dont care if youre left right up down sideways upsidedown i couldnt care less. im here for hunting topics or anything that remotely has to do with hunting period.

only two things i see that would fix the issues i bring up is either more moderators, or removing it all together.

(my vote as of right now to the question is yes)

hope everyone has a great day. happy huntin

just my 2 cents.
    I agree, but it may be too late to fix it.
    TS

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TroutSlayer View Post
    I agree, but it may be too late to fix it.
    Well never say never, I'm sure there's a way to delete the whole section and then other useful topics such as "How to fix" or DIY could be put there.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Well never say never, I'm sure there's a way to delete the whole section and then other useful topics such as "How to fix" or DIY could be put there.
    That would be nice!
    TS

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

DIY or fix-it would be great sub-topics as well, as for the person who is not handy at all they do not have to use that section or open it and can just surf by to check out what does interest them. Same as the OT, if you don't want to read it or be involved in it, surf on by and go with what does interest you.
    Debating and dictating to others are 2 different animals and lines do get blurred or crossed on the internet without face to face interaction but this is what we have evolving now.

John

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnjyb View Post
    DIY or fix-it would be great sub-topics as well, as for the person who is not handy at all they do not have to use that section or open it and can just surf by to check out what does interest them. Same as the OT, if you don't want to read it or be involved in it, surf on by and go with what does interest you.
    Debating and dictating to others are 2 different animals and lines do get blurred or crossed on the internet without face to face interaction but this is what we have evolving now.

John
    the whole point is that half of the threads started in the off topic belong in the political topic.

post your political threads in the political topics and no one will have a problem with it?