Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ramp Rates for local and non-locals at Port of Orillia

Leads by example

User Info Menu

This has also been going on in Innisfil for years.
    Residents free but visitors get screwed.
    But they have no problem accepting both Federal and Provincial money to maintain the resources.
    Where I live things like this are free or if a fee is charged it's the same for locals and visitors alike.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    But they have no problem accepting both Federal and Provincial money to maintain the resources.
    Most ramps are owned and maintained by the municipality , money from the local Home taxes. (nothing federal or provincial)

Charging a 'user fee' for people who do not live in the municipality makes good business sense.

Why should it be FREE if you don't live there ?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Most ramps are owned and maintained by the municipality , money from the local Home taxes. (nothing federal or provincial)

Charging a 'user fee' for people who do not live in the municipality makes good business sense.

Why should it be FREE if you don't live there ?
    Because it's just the right thing to do......
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

A lot of these ramps were free at one time but overcrowding and people leaving garbage and parking in places that annoyed locals leads to complaints, we all know how that turns out.... the ramp by my place was free up until a couple years ago but the park being swarmed leaving no place for taxpayers to enjoy the waterfront brought the pay system around. I'm free to use it but I'd rather pay $15 at the private ramp to save the headaches.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    A lot of these ramps were free at one time but overcrowding and people leaving garbage and parking in places that annoyed locals leads to complaints, we all know how that turns out.... the ramp by my place was free up until a couple years ago but the park being swarmed leaving no place for taxpayers to enjoy the waterfront brought the pay system around. I'm free to use it but I'd rather pay $15 at the private ramp to save the headaches.
    I don't have an issue with a small charge for general upkeep (like $10),but,$150 is outrageous. The fees are designed to discourage out-of-towners. That's just wrong,being discriminatory,notwithstanding. I hope they get screwed over,themselves,in the long run.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I think any charge that's out of line with private ramps is totally unacceptable. They hold the resource hostage in a sense by controlling access. Like you said a small charge makes sense but 100+ is ridiculous. I just wanted to underline the reasoning for Township fees. I use ramps and parks in other townships so I expect people can do the same here without being gouged.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Barrie is broke the mayor still needs more gold chains, he can still stand up while wherein all that bling. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji2958]

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    It's good you said most.
    But very many fall under the local Parks and Recreation Dept.
    And yes many different local Parks and Recreation Dept.'s do receive funding from both Provincial and Federal governments.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

This is the area I have been talking about.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...reaking-rules/

I just returned from a week long rd trip and Holmes piont is now closed off . Ran into town for a pizza and noticed it tonight rds pyloned off and a big sign that said no parking and something about the water front didn't catch all the message.

Will be by again in the morning.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    This is the area I have been talking about.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...reaking-rules/

I just returned from a week long rd trip and Holmes piont is now closed off . Ran into town for a pizza and noticed it tonight rds pyloned off and a big sign that said no parking and something about the water front didn't catch all the message.

Will be by again in the morning.

They've had full time police/ bylaw officers guarding the beaches every weekend for the past couple months. The last time I took a ride down Holmes point road the bylaw guys were ushering people attempting to stop. Most of the problems mentioned in the article happen during a regular summer,I can only imagine what it's like now. Park rd was an absolute nightmare Saturday morning with OPP directing traffic with the closure at 48 yet people were sneaking around hedge road and pulling a u turn to line up for Sibbald.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast