Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ramp Rates for local and non-locals at Port of Orillia

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by onelessarrow View Post
    They're essentially creating an obstruction through a disportionate monetary fee based on your residency. For some Canadians, that'll mean it prevents them from accessing completely, which obviously goes against the purpose of the Act.
    Heck of a stretch your trying to make...just because YOU can't afford the set user fee...it's not an obstruction as defined by the act. If the guy behind you is willing to 'pay to play' he can launch unobstructed.

The definition of 'obstruction' from the act:

obstruction means any thing, including a vessel that is left anchored, moored or adrift or a wreck, that obstructs or impedes navigation or renders it more difficult or dangerous, but does not include a thing of natural origin unless a person causes the thing of natural origin to obstruct or impede navigation or to render it more difficult or dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    So how many people from T.O. do you think visit their next door neighbors beautiful beach? No charge!
    Every municipality in Ontario has the right to charge or not charge a user fee. Looks like yours doesn't...but from what I have read on here there are some that do.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Many will pay many wont.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

The simple sign that was posted is an obstruction.
    Last edited by onelessarrow; August 4th, 2020 at 04:08 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

A simple sign as was post is an ostruction
    The signs in the parking lot its not obstructing the ramp [emoji2958][emoji1787].

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Whether the sign says no trespassing or 50 dollars entry fee it's an obstruction.
    Last edited by onelessarrow; August 4th, 2020 at 04:09 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Whether the signs says no trespassing or 50 dollars entry fee it's an obstruction.
    Seems the only real obstruction is the grip on your wallet Haha..
    Last edited by MikePal; August 4th, 2020 at 03:06 PM.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I forgot to mention that our Township fees are not for the facility use specifically but for adjacent parking, if you are willing to walk about half a kilometre you can use the ramp and beach (pre Covid) for free. Which many people do.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Seems the only real obstruction is the grip on your wallet Haha..
    I Just found out that the CNWA mandate does not cover fees at boat launches. So ya it was a bit of a stretch. Haha

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Not looking to open up a new wound on this but now that we are well past covid-19 restrictions that may have been the reason for this excessive ramp/parking fee in Orillia, any chance that they have reduced the fees to a more reasonable level?

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I was there a few weeks ago, the town ramp is free. Lots of construction though so follow the detour signs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast