Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Best days for deer in your experience

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlife View Post
    Halloween is the witching hour in Southern Ontario. The non negotiable week is the 4th week of October.
    I took the third week off, maybe I should reconsider.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Wrastler View Post
    Find a good worn in trail next to bedding or food...Ive never baited and I always get my deer sometimes 2 in a year in the limited time I get out. Dogs and bait are cool, but not necessary to be successful. Stalk some cornfields in the rain or high winds especially where it backs onto bush property. Set up a few tree stands and rotate use between them. If no stands make some natural blinds along well used trails. Its really not that difficult, running dogs is like shooting fish in a barrel compared to actually hunting and stalking the deer yourself.
    I don’t know that you’ve hunted behind dogs before. It’s not quite shooting fish in a barrel. Otherwise you’ve got good advice!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

November 3rd and 11th seem to be lucky days for me.
    Gun control:Criminals who ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder, will obey a law that prohibits them from owning a firearm while disarming decent people from having access to firearms to deter criminals.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Generally I find morning and evenings equal but seem to see most when it is a bit cold no wind and kind of overcast.
    Usually if its 0 overnight and we had some frost I find it very effective...usually the 7-10 days before the controlled hunt

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlife View Post
    Halloween is the witching hour in Southern Ontario. The non negotiable week is the 4th week of October for peak chasing and overall movement. The rifle/shotgun week the first week of November is generally a high movement week too if your deer are undisturbed
    X2, the week before the first controlled hunt is when I put most of my time in and it usually pays off.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Any day to get out in nature is a good one

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456