Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best days for deer in your experience

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Best days for deer in your experience

So I know we all hear and read and watch videos on the best days to be in the deer woods. Including “ any day in the woods is a good day”

from Your personal experience’s though what days are an absolute non negotiable date and time your in the deer woods?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Generally I find morning and evenings equal but seem to see most when it is a bit cold no wind and kind of overcast.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

During the rut
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Deer move 4-5 a day, every day, in every kind weather...food and water being the the driving force. From experience, they tend to stick in the deep woods by their bedding spots on really foul (ie windy) days, but they're still there. The Rut adds a variable that they move for reasons other than food and water and more frequently. Why hunting is more successful during the rut.

The weather variable is more hunter related...if you can't sit for long comfortably or sit still for long periods, then you'll not put in the hours required to encounter a deer.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Anytime of day if your using dogs..

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Might not be a popular day and time but I have done really well the first week of the season with all day sit's. The deer aren't spooky from pressure and your not freezing your nads off...lol
    As long as you recover and process quickly your in and out before most even think about deer season...

Second best is our black powder week first week of November. Big bucks literally commit hunter suicide...

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I like to try to get out on opening day for archery, October 1st, ramp up again towards the end of October and I hunt as much as possible during the first week of the rifle/shotgun season in November. The first week of gun season is hands down my most productive time, and it's the most fun to hunt with our small group.

The archery opener isn't exactly the best time, but the deer are still going about their business as normal.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GW11; August 7th, 2020 at 02:25 PM.
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Halloween til Nov 14th I hunt as much as I can, First week of november i see the most big bucks in day light than any other time. I dont hunt late season anymore

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Elite Member

User Info Menu

My preference is from November 7th to the 15th. Mornings with a couple of inches of snow, no wind and temperatures just below freezing. I also like it when we’ve experienced a dry fall as opposed to wet/rainy fall. Lastly, a new moon rather than full.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think any day deer hunting is a good day -but as others' said-the rut is the king.

Now-if only the deer would be like trains-on time,every time.

Both morning and afternoon(with occasional all day sits)in the Nov. Cont. hunt.
    Otherwise mostly Sat. afternoons.More then once i shot a deer Sun. afternoon ,then worried about the Monday search.Mostly was unneeded worry,but 2x I needed to call in to have a day off on Monday.
    In October i may be it out few Sunday afternoons though.........and at the end of Dec.when we have shut down at work,any day-any time( pending on the wife and the tag availability).
    Oh ,and why i hunt afternoons ,it is just laziness-not much of a guy to wake up at 3 am..........
    Last edited by gbk; August 7th, 2020 at 09:20 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast