Thread: duck hunt

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default duck hunt

wondered if any other hunters that travel north take a duck stamp and hunt ducks on the wild rice patches while your there?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Packing a smoothbore with some duck and grouse loads makes perfect sense to me ... unless it's a fly-in trip where weight is an issue.
    Good Luck & Good Hunting !

Member for Life

User Info Menu

If you mean DURING the moose hunt, then I dare say that most hunters do NOT even think about ducks!
    The amount of equipment and supplies that you need to take with you for a moose hunt, leaves no room for decoys; and who has the time to sit and wait for DUCKS anyway?
    Even if one does wait and hope for some waterfowl to fly by, would a hunter risk spooking a moose by shooting at birds?
    I bring a fishing rod and some lures if I ever travel north for moose. Normally fishing is awesome in most places.
    A shotgun also gets packed for small game always.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    If you mean DURING the moose hunt, then I dare say that most hunters do NOT even think about ducks!
    The amount of equipment and supplies that you need to take with you for a moose hunt, leaves no room for decoys; and who has the time to sit and wait for DUCKS anyway?
    Even if one does wait and hope for some waterfowl to fly by, would a hunter risk spooking a moose by shooting at birds?
    I bring a fishing rod and some lures if I ever travel north for moose. Normally fishing is awesome in most places.
    A shotgun also gets packed for small game always.
    six decoys and a call is about all you need. Waders, canoe and stuff you likely already have for moose hunt.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I should have clarified my answer with ; of course after you tag out on your moose/deer/bear . It happens to my gang some years; tags filled in first 3 days ... go duck hunting ! Mind you I have one boat in the water ready to go anyways and can launch another if needed pdq !
    Good Luck & Good Hunting !