Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Border closure hurting tourism operations

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    The USA with 5 million plus cases, 41,000 new cases and over 1050 dead in the last 24hrs, opening the border to free travel is a great idea....
    Sorry sir, but are you not one of the ones, who thought that Prime Minister T. was over-reacting when he shut down the border in March? Many on here did , sorry if it was not you .Many on here said it was to soon, then said it was to late. Whatever the sitting government does about the border, 40% will be upset about it.
    Last edited by fishermccann; August 11th, 2020 at 07:03 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Sorry sir, but are you not one of the ones, who thought that Prime Minister T. was over-reacting when he shut down the border in March? Many on here did , sorry if it was not you .Many on here said it was to soon, then said it was to late. Whatever the sitting government does about the border, 40% will be upset about it.
    Nice try. Trump called the turd and told him to close it. Within hours of the call, the turd was on the tube announcing the closure.
    If your aware it was the same week the turd brought his family home from the UK and his wife was sick with covid.
    Never did I claim anything about the closure to soon. But if he opens it up to free travel, then prepare for the second wave.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

....That is why I said 'maybe'.... it may not have been you. Many others on here did say, that he closed it to soon and then later said he closed it to late. Oh well, no matter what he does now , about 40 % , ( according to the poles) , would say the governments response to covid was wrong. The other 60% will say it was the correct response ,and will elect him once again , to be PM of Canada .While the cons. , leaderless ,wander in the wilderness.
    Last edited by fishermccann; August 11th, 2020 at 08:44 PM.

User Info Menu

What's sad is back in March our PM on the news telling our country all international travellers were being screened at airports, when no such thing was happening.
    Not sure anything he says has much truth anymore.
    What's even worse are the people that support him...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I've been in those boots as a bear outfitter and know first hand the reasons why they are reluctant to bring in residents. First and most obvious of course is hunts are advertised and paid in the American dollar. Its a business so they're going to take every advantage they can to make a profit. Now, when it comes to bear outfitters most are Ontario residents, not Americans who hold the BMA's. In the west part of the province, yep, there are a number of lodges owned by Americans. I have no idea what the percentage is.
    The second reason residents aren't welcomed is because they've been known to book the season with an outfitter then the following season are found sitting near the outfitters baited stand and camping nearby.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Let's not forget that the outfitters can also apply for loss of business and recoup a healthy amount from the government Covid 19 asssitance
    plan, but as others have said when you cater to the US dollar you have to live and die with it

Apprentice

User Info Menu

WE have all felt the impact of the border one way or another but the line must stay closed to keep people save . I understand about the income lost and I agree we all need money but can you put a price on the risk of passing it on to others , trust me I live with this ever. day my wife is on the front line (nurse) every time she walks in to the hospital she's at risk ,our town has been very lucky with the number of cases being low .

User Info Menu

Dont worry, the Russians will save us. They already have a vaccine being used.
    Mr. Putin says, it's good his daughter has taken it.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    Dont worry, the Russians will save us. They already have a vaccine being used.
    Mr. Putin says, it's good his daughter has taken it.
    Is he not besties ,with your favorite, trump? Ya we can trust both of those guys....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Is he not besties ,with your favorite, trump? Ya we can trust both of those guys....
    How much can we trust Justin, your idol?...rolmao

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast