Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric motor

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My setup on the 14' widebody cartopper is a 30 lb thrust Minn Kota with a 29 group deep cycle battery. It is in parallel with a 20 hp 4 stroke.
    I troll for hours on end with the electric because I enjoy how quiet it is and the manoeuvrability it provides.
    The 20 hp is only fired up when the winds rise above 15 kph and it gets a bit choppy or if I wish to cross the lake in a hurry.

You can get a lot of information at this site based on your particular setup.

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/learn...rolling-motors

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Great info! Thanks Impact

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I have a 30# thrust on 16 foot Naden with a 25 hp on it I troll all weekend with it never have any trouble I don’t you would go wrong with any minn Kota

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I recently bit the bullet and bought a 40# Endura Max, Minn Kota. Hopefully this will fit the bill? The instructions say that a 50 amp fuse/circuit breaker should be used? I could see this, if the battery was connected to an on-board charging system, but it won't be. I'll recharge battery at day's end, making sure the motor is disconnected from the battery. Am I over or under thinking this? A simple 2 wire connection to a stand alone battery, in my eyes, shouldn't need a 50 amp fuse?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...-battery-guide This is from the Minn Kota website. I have mine fused with a 50 amp breaker. I also use my battery (group 27 ) with a 2000 watt invertor to run a small deep freezer. I run fused power from the truck battery through an isolator to keep it boosted. Battery still needs to be fully charged at the end of the day. I have run the freezer 2 days without fully charging it.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by impact View Post
    My setup on the 14' widebody cartopper is a 30 lb thrust Minn Kota with a 29 group deep cycle battery. It is in parallel with a 20 hp 4 stroke.
    I troll for hours on end with the electric because I enjoy how quiet it is and the manoeuvrability it provides.
    The 20 hp is only fired up when the winds rise above 15 kph and it gets a bit choppy or if I wish to cross the lake in a hurry.

You can get a lot of information at this site based on your particular setup.

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/learn...rolling-motors
    I don't have the gas back up but I don't need it but I am on a small lake . What he said

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12