Thread: Bow mounted fishfinder installation

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Bow mounted fishfinder installation

Does anyone have any experience with installing a bow mounted trolling motor? I have the transducer installed on the bottom of the trolling motor, I have power in the bow of the boat for the fish finder, but am unsure how to run my transducer cable because of the way the trolling motor slides when it is being deployed. I wanted to see how other people have done it before I start drilling holes and installing cable clamps on the motor and motor mount.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I just put a zip tie bellow the shaft lock on the bottom and one above the upper stop guide. Just left the cable loose in the middle never had any problems with cable drag in the water.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I have the same motor.. but I bought a transducer to fit the trolling motor. All you can do is secure it near the foot, and then again above the stop collar.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.......it is coming out of storage in the next couple weeks and I will complete the installation. I also added iPilot to this motor so I am excited to get this in the water.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    Thanks guys.......it is coming out of storage in the next couple weeks and I will complete the installation. I also added iPilot to this motor so I am excited to get this in the water.
    Right on, I'm looking forward to my iplilot as well. Was in a boat last year with it, and it's awesome...
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......