Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: From the field to the table

  1. #1
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default From the field to the table

    Skin them out right away (cool them off as quickly as you can)
    Wash meat when you get home, let the breasts and legs sit in cold water overnight changing the water as it turns red....
    24 hrs later, cut the breasts up into manageable cutlet size portions. (3-4 cutlets per breast)
    Remove as much silver skin as possible.
    With 3 scrambled eggs, some salt, pepper and oil, mix all together, then add breasts and let sit overnight in fridge.
    Remove each breast and place/press breadcrumbs into the breasts.....



    Give them a quick fry in oil.... Maybe 45 seconds each side...





    Then remove them and place on a baking sheet....
    Adds some Italian Sauce, some mozzarella and parmigiana cheese and place in the over for 8 mins...After the 8 mins @ 375 degrees remove and add your side dish. They come out tender and taste great.



    PS..... The legs, go in the freezer and will be placed in the crockpot...
    Last edited by fratri; September 17th, 2020 at 04:44 PM.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thanks for posting this, I don't shoot many geese but I find it tough to cook them into a recipe I enjoy. I usually pluck them but it's a bit of work, the last one I shot has a nice layer of fat so I thought it would be a shame to skin.

    Do you ever save the wing for the pot? I try to cut them at the first joint and save the larger piece close to the body for stewing with the legs.

  4. #3
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    looks very good
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  5. #4
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Ya.... looks great
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

  6. #5
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Nice work .

    Looks amazing thanks for sharing

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    yum! great recipe. i shot my first goose of the season but promised my kids the first 5 geese would go into pepperettes. time to shoot more geese to make this one!

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    Thanks for posting this, I don't shoot many geese but I find it tough to cook them into a recipe I enjoy. I usually pluck them but it's a bit of work, the last one I shot has a nice layer of fat so I thought it would be a shame to skin.

    Do you ever save the wing for the pot? I try to cut them at the first joint and save the larger piece close to the body for stewing with the legs.
    I don't save the wings..... Give the goose breasts a try this way, I am sure you will like it....... I often bring it into work and share with many non-hunters. All seem to enjoy it... Most of them are also surprised that there is a goose season. Sharing the harvest is a good way to educate too....
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  9. #8
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Nicely done!

    Those surely look great.

    I may just have to give it a shot if one or two happen over the duck spread this weekend. Sadly I don't have a goose "go to", yet..

    Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

  10. #9
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Awesome


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    but I find it tough to cook them into a recipe I enjoy
    Essentially sub it for any recipe that calls for beef. Like beef in a stew or in the form of ground meat cook it through -- if it's being cooked on the BBQ or pan seared, keep it rare!

    I grind 75% of the birds I shoot, and save the other 25% for fresh recipes.

    -Nick
    Krete

    Bills n' Thrills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •