Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buck or Gerber ?

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Default Buck or Gerber ?

Just wanted to get opinions on which you feel is better and why

couple of small models on sale at CTC this week. Both made in China and believe me, I’m under no illusions about the expected quality of either one vs an older model of either, but they’re so cheap they’re tough to pass up. I ended up buying one of each....
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Might sound silly, but I love my Bear Grillis 4" inch folding, and 8" knife, firestick and stone cased knife. I have a 50 yr old Buck that my grandfather left me that I will use at least once on a deer. It is beautiful pointed curved deer knife with stainless blade in perfect shape.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I prefer buck knives inexpensive and quite sharp.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The new Bucks are crap..CT sells them cheap for a reason. I think you have to spend over $100 for a Buck knife now to get the same quality as the Bucks we knew as kids.

I've always liked Gerber...again...spend the $$ and get a good one.

A $10 knife is a throw away, the blade won't stay sharp long enough to skin a deer. As the Scouts taught me ..a dull knife is a dangerous knife. I don't think I'd want to be hanging upside down in a harness and trying to cut myself free with a $10 knife HaHa.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I have a Gerber folding knife, it's in my pocket every day I use it at work for everything, knife, screwdriver, pry bar, you name it. I've had it at least 3 years I sharpen it maybe every couple weeks. It's 3-1/2" but very thick blade. It cost me maybe $50 and I love it. I have a more classic looking buck knife with the brass on the handle, I'd never want to abuse it like the Gerber.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I don't like new Bucks, use Ontario SP-1 as an everything knife.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I know Mike, but these are for throwing in the storage compartment of the boat, the ATV, etc...just cheap little knives, the regular prices were ridiculous, $60 for the Gerber and $50 for the Buck...each were on sale for $12.49.

It’s not like I’m carrying them on a SEAL mission
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I keep my 110 buck knife on my belt but always have a box cutting knife (from the dollar store) around. It comes in real handy... Razor sharp
    Used it on coyotes, deer and geese.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Own both brands and love them both. I had a small Gerber folding knife that the locking mechanism broke. Gerber customer service was great and they sent me another one regardless if it was a cheep knife or not. My Buck knife holds a good edge but it was also a more expensive knife. Let us know which one you like better
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I'm a fan of buck knives, and yes, some are made in China, but they still have the american made ones, check out their site, you'll find something and learn more about the knives

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast