Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: From the field to the table

  1. #11
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    Essentially sub it for any recipe that calls for beef. Like beef in a stew or in the form of ground meat cook it through -- if it's being cooked on the BBQ or pan seared, keep it rare!

    I grind 75% of the birds I shoot, and save the other 25% for fresh recipes.

    -Nick
    I've tried a few sausage and pepperettes that were great, do you grind the goose meat by itself or add domestic meat with it?

    I did a beautiful rare roasted goose breast but when I tried it again with a bird that had less fat later in the season it was just about inedible.

    I'll be making some kind of stew or chili this year with my birds. But it's always nice to try different things.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Looks amazing! Always happy to hear new ways to prepare game.

    We breast out geese and do them in the crock pot with some chopped up apricots and a little JD
    HR UH Wyckoff's RedRooted Mud Puppy JH WCI RN - Reba
    HR Markwell's Ups A Daisy JH WCI RN - Jada
    HR UH Tullamore's Gunsablazing CGN CDX SH WCX - Burly (2003-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •