Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well,that sucks

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Well,that sucks

WTH is going on in Northumberland County?
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7299649/f...0proposed%20by
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I particularly like the part where they insinuate that hunters will illegally park within the forest causing damage..... seems like some folks are taking advantage of extraordinary times.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

the problem is the last line of the article
    "County council will further review the impacts of all hunting in the county forest on other users, wildlife, plants and unique habitats at a future meeting."
    Seeks someone has an agenda. Can't really use summer use stats to determone fall use interaction.
    A fairer alternative would of been to alternate huntingdays and closed days as alot of other multi use areas such as Luther and Fingal.
    So what is the MNR and ODD doing. Hunting in CA area is part of the mangement plan for CAs
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    I particularly like the part where they insinuate that hunters will illegally park within the forest causing damage..... seems like some folks are taking advantage of extraordinary times.
    I don’t think the parking issue is an insinuation. If it’s anything like the CA land around here, guys park wherever, tear up the place with four wheelers, and leave garbage all over the place....
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

That may be the case, most of the CA land I use is well fenced and gated so parking is usually on the road to prevent that from happening.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Curious..does anyone know if there are that many 'Fall' Turkey Hunters in that area. I know VERY few guys Hunt them around here .

Here in Kemptville we have a piece of crown land that is a tree farm right on the edge of town that hosts a one week Bow's only deer hunt. The area is full of dog walkers and hikers and when I spoke to the fella that is in charge he says there has never been a conflict. Signs are posted to give the users a heads up, that there is Hunting going on and everyone seems to get along.

Sounds like a few 'Karen's" bent the ear of someone on the council and it was unilaterally approved without open debate.
    Last edited by MikePal; September 19th, 2020 at 11:49 AM.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Does anyone not see an issue with "Hunting is allowed " ....deer hunting is OK ,but turkey is not ?
    Glen

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G Skinner View Post
    Does anyone not see an issue with "Hunting is allowed " ....deer hunting is OK ,but turkey is not ?
    Glen
    Yep,for me that's a million dollar question. The Northumberland Forest was closed to all hunting several years ago west of Hwy#45. On the east side,only a small area is used for Deer hunting. Northumberland County council seems to be solidly in the "anti-hunter" camp. It should be time during the next municipal elections for electors to show those antis the door.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Yep,for me that's a million dollar question. The Northumberland Forest was closed to all hunting several years ago west of Hwy#45. On the east side,only a small area is used for Deer hunting. Northumberland County council seems to be solidly in the "anti-hunter" camp. It should be time during the next municipal elections for electors to show those antis the door.
    excatly trimmer, northumberland residents need to remember these council members during election time and show them the door...

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think we all have to consider Counsellors and mayors. If it gun control, 4 wheelers laws ,gun discharge or hunting to many antis out to take away are sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast