Thread: Bunk Carpet

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Bunk Carpet

Pulled the boat out the water the other night, left side bunk came off, rotted. Not a huge deal. What is the best carpet type to replace it with. It looks like some industrial grade stuff, but is it anything special?????

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I got actual marine bunk carpet from our area dealer.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I could not find any bunk carpet around here so I just went to Lowes and bought some outdoor carpet (got them to cut it to size) and used stainless steel staples on 2x6 boards....
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

All I've ever used is gray indoor/outdoor carpet from Home Depot secured with roofing nails on the underside. It usually lasts 4-5 years before it needs to be switched out. The stuff is easy to wrap and dirt cheap.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    I could not find any bunk carpet around here so I just went to Lowes and bought some outdoor carpet (got them to cut it to size) and used stainless steel staples on 2x6 boards....
    X2......outdoor carpet and SS Staples - works great!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Just redid my bunks screwed 1x4 pvc trim board to my 2x4s boat slides on and off easy and no more carpet issues