Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Cleaning birds

  1. #11
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Today, I did things a little different and put the breasts on the BBQ..... I let them sit in a marinade (salt, pepper, olive oil) for a night.... Placed them on the BBQ on high heat for 8 minutes on each side..... Took them off, let them sit for a few minutes before I cut them up, taste and look great
    How was the texture? Did the marinade keep them pretty moist?

    I did a whole bird in my smoker last weekend it turned out fantastic. It was Flavored like a beautiful roast and fell apart on my fork.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Today, I did things a little different and put the breasts on the BBQ..... I let them sit in a marinade (salt, pepper, olive oil) for a night.... Placed them on the BBQ on high heat for 8 minutes on each side..... Took them off, let them sit for a few minutes before I cut them up, taste and look great
    Hey Frank,

    Try keeping them nice and rare in the centre, and I guarantee you'll enjoy them even more!

    -Nick
    Krete

    Bills n' Thrills.

  4. #13
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    Hey Frank,

    Try keeping them nice and rare in the centre, and I guarantee you'll enjoy them even more!

    -Nick
    Ya Nick, I noticed that they were just a bit cooked too much.... I had them on BBQ (highest heat) for 9 minutes on each side, next time I will try 7.5 minutes maybe 8 minutes on each side.... Maybe overcooked just a bit they still tasted good. Looking forward to trying more this way.
    Thanks for the tip....
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  5. #14
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    How was the texture? Did the marinade keep them pretty moist?

    I did a whole bird in my smoker last weekend it turned out fantastic. It was Flavored like a beautiful roast and fell apart on my fork.
    All in all they tasted good, not too dry either, next time I will cook them a for a few minutes less making sure to leave a little bit of pink in the centre but like I said, all in all they tasted good. I even shared a few pieces with some co-workers and they were impressed. If I didn't tell them it was goose, they said they would have thought it was beef
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  6. #15
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Lots of good ideas on here. What's the general internal temperature you cook to for ducks?

    Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •