View Poll Results: Will you be doing anything differently during your hunts due to COVID-19?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 14.81%
  • No

23 85.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polling our readers - Fall 2020

Administrator

User Info Menu

Default Polling our readers - Fall 2020

In this issue we ask, "Will you be doing anything differently during your hunts due to COVID-19?"
    Weigh in here or vote on our home page at https://oodmag.com/

Fall2020CoverJPEG.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm sure that 14 point Buck out back will maintain the same social distances he has for the past 3 yrs ...

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I'm sure that 14 point Buck out back will maintain the same social distances he has for the past 3 yrs ...
    Love it!
    TS

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Wear your mask....he will feel more at ease !!
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I took a couple online polls on social media groups last week and about 1/3 of people indicated they'd be hunting MORE this fall, than previous years. Some people are out of work, and others are working from home and can hit the woods more often. It will be interesting to see if there is an increase in hunter success rates recorded this fall.
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Intent is to hunt more but in reality will likely be no different than other years as my work is unaffected by COVID. Either way pretty sure i am going to need more whiskey as i have heard it is a very good preventative - kinda like vitamin D except better.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Intent is to hunt more but in reality will likely be no different than other years as my work is unaffected by COVID. Either way pretty sure i am going to need more whiskey as i have heard it is a very good preventative - kinda like vitamin D except better.
    But if your still hung over at 5:30 in morning and talking to deer they make no sense at all

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm seeing more hunters this year then I ever have, maybe a coincidence but I also read an article that said PAL applications have skyrocketed.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So I follow all the rules as it isn't worth my time to fight some kid at a store about wearing a Mask, I wear mine where necessary.
    But here is something to chew on. My wife last Tuesday after work was having a stomach ache, apparently this is a symptom of Covid. She was told to go get tested and we all were told to stay in the house until the results came back which by the way took 4 days.
    But here is the Kicker if she had Covid everyone at the office would have already been exposed but they never shut down the office. Had she been diagnosed with Covid they would have shut down the daycare after the fact and would have had to find everyone who had come into contact with anyone in the office. She knew it wasn't covid but rules were rules, 3 days of with pay. Kinda of silly.

I will tell you many people I know that were pro mask are now becoming anti mask, pretty much everything Federal or Provincial what the governments are doing are backwards.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I'm seeing more hunters this year then I ever have, maybe a coincidence but I also read an article that said PAL applications have skyrocketed.
    BUT..that's not transferring into Hunters...license/tag sales across the board having been dropping for years. And with closures of memberships at many Gun Clubs ranges aren't able to provide new PAL holders a place to shoot their new guns safely.

Not sure why people are getting PALS when they have no place to shoot or property to hunt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast