Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Animated Fishing Tale - The Ron Yum Method

  1. #1
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default Animated Fishing Tale - The Ron Yum Method

    My dad has often spun me a yarn about how his old friend fluked into a juicy pike right under the boat while camping in the 70s. It actually inspired me to make use of a method of fishing I like to call the "Ron Yum Method". It basically entails letting your line dangle in the water whenever you are unable to actively fish ie. when you are taking a lunch break. You'd be surprised what bites right beside the boat. I'm sure some of you folks have had similar experiences. I thought the story was pretty funny so I made it into this animated video. I hope you enjoy it.

    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I've missed so many pike over the years, Reeling the last 10 feet of line in and not paying attention then look down soon as my lure leaves the water and see the big wake or shine of a fish just miss it.

    Caught a few nice ones doing figure 8 right at the boat as well.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

    -Ted Nugent

  4. #3
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    I've missed so many pike over the years, Reeling the last 10 feet of line in and not paying attention then look down soon as my lure leaves the water and see the big wake or shine of a fish just miss it.

    Caught a few nice ones doing figure 8 right at the boat as well.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Right on. I've had my heart jump while I was just testing the action of a lure at the side of the boat when a pike came out of nowhere and grabbed it. It's funny how you think a boat would spook fish but often they don't care.
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

  5. #4
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hahaha, I love your short vids bud. I even like your old school ones it looks like you did back in high-school, lol. Keep up the good work, looking forward to you ice reports....can't be that far away.....
    Scott
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

  6. #5
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Awesome video.

    My mom got a big musky on stoney lake the exact same way . She took a break from fishing the lure was just bouncing or dangling over the edge.

    The musky on stoney love to try and steal your catch as well while it's half way in lol.

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    lol, I honestly wasn’t expecting that. Haha, great video, your a natural, love the fish hairdo. Keep up the good work.

    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

  8. #7
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    lol, I honestly wasn’t expecting that. Haha, great video, your a natural, love the fish hairdo. Keep up the good work.

    Lol. I kept saying to my wife, "I wonder if anyone is going to catch that fish hairdoo?" I had to point it out to her originally. Thanks for the good words and thanks for watching.
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

  9. #8
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Awesome video.

    My mom got a big musky on stoney lake the exact same way . She took a break from fishing the lure was just bouncing or dangling over the edge.

    The musky on stoney love to try and steal your catch as well while it's half way in lol.

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Ha! Right on. One would think that fish would be scared by the boat but they don't seem to care. I once had a larger pike chew up the small pike I had on.
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

  10. #9
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveBates View Post
    Hahaha, I love your short vids bud. I even like your old school ones it looks like you did back in high-school, lol. Keep up the good work, looking forward to you ice reports....can't be that far away.....
    Scott
    Thanks, LiveBates. Not everyone looks back at the older vids. I definitely appreciate it. I've been at it for 11 years so the material really goes way back.

    Every once in a while I see a snowflake on the weather report. I have yet to see snow but it already has me dreaming of the hardwater. The ice reports are only so many weeks away. Thanks for watching!
    Kokemachine, 4 EEL FISHING!
    Check me out on Instagram or Youtube!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •