Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting in off topic section

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Posting in off topic section

I am making a suggestion for the mod's.

Maybe we should have something in place that prevents one from posting in the off topic section until they reach a threshold of posts in relevant areas of hunting, fishing, trapping, or firearms. I notice that there are a number of members that exclusively post in the off topic section and do not contribute to the overall health of the forum by offering any sustenance in topics such as fishing, hunting, trapping, or firearm knowledge.

We need to understand that this is first and foremost a hunting, fishing, and trapping forum. There are plenty of other forums that cater to politics and fringe issues.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Agreed, at least 50.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post

Maybe we should have something in place that prevents one from posting in the off topic section until they reach a threshold of posts in relevant areas of hunting, fishing, trapping, or firearms. I notice that there are a number of members that exclusively post in the off topic section and do not contribute to the overall health of the forum by offering any sustenance in topics such as fishing, hunting, trapping, or firearm knowledge.

We need to understand that this is first and foremost a hunting, fishing, and trapping forum. There are plenty of other forums that cater to politics and fringe issues.
    Well JW I am not to sure if they would take your very seriously,I mean a whole lot of your posts are on the off topic and political sections. It kinds of sound's like censorship or stifling of one's free speech. They do have something in place it's a ban placed on you where you cannot post on those sections if you have been perceived to have been a bad lad. I just recently got out of my banned sections after ten years.Would you deny me my recently won freedom!
    Now as you correctly assert there are many other forums out there that cater to many interests and you are a member on those forums,so why not just post on those forums. I can tell you that members on here will express their opinions on politics even if there was not a dedicated section,politics can be inserted into any other section ie firearms and ammo,dogs,......

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yup sounds like someone got their wrist slapped and now want to change the rules, for those that follow them.... 50 posts ? Okay I will start.....Nice buck, good job... that's 1..... lol.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It's as rare as hens teeth when you post in the hunting or fishing section

Quote Originally Posted by fishermccann View Post
    Yup sounds like someone got their wrist slapped and now want to change the rules, for those that follow them.... 50 posts ? Okay I will start.....Nice buck, good job... that's 1..... lol.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think this is a very sound idea.
    I would use this opportunity to also revamp other rules .
    So to be fair and consistent.

Like there are few members here, they post only in For Sale section.
    On and on,nowehere else -just there.
    Using the Forum as Kijiji........Yep,they met the 50 post treshold,so that seems easy to achieve.
    Hovewer i belive the puropse of the For Sale ad section was to allow trade inbetween active members ,not to use the Forum as a free advertisement for someone's side business.

I would agree to to raise the bar, and for FishMcCann-the old rule was a "meaningfull"post..so a "yes,i agree",or a "Nice picture good job or a "gee there is a buck"would not cut it..............

No ones freedom of speech woould be impeded on-and for those who seem to worry about it-here is a reminder:
    There were statements made on this very forum,that this forum is mostly Conservative(it was said in "more ugly "way-but that is neither in ,nor out this time)

So- this rule would affect great many Conservatives and very few from the left..................why so much worry from the left?
    Last edited by gbk; October 16th, 2020 at 07:25 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I've been saying that for a while now. Thank you for saying it too.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

It's not a big deal. The general public cannot see the "Off Topic" forums. The few trollers who post in it, are just looking for an audience and perhaps an "atta boy!". It's all just a waste of time. They should be doing the "one on one" PM thing, but they have no audience in that case. Let's fish and hunt!
    Last edited by TroutSlayer; October 16th, 2020 at 05:39 PM.
    TS

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It would be nice to have the Admin speak with the programmers block the 'Off topic Forum' from the 'Activity Stream'....the old "out of sight of of mind" approach, keep the dirty laundry off the front page.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    It would be nice to have the Admin speak with the programmers block the 'Off topic Forum' from the 'Activity Stream'....the old "out of sight of of mind" approach, keep the dirty laundry off the front page.
    It's out of sight now, unless you are logged in, but I know what you mean buddy, None of that activity should count for posts or anything else.
    TS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast