Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small game muzzleloader

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Small game muzzleloader

I was wondering if anyone use their muzzle loader for small game? If so what do you use and what do you hunt with it.
    Could you turkey hunt with it?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Turkey can easily be done with a shotgun barrel.

I have used my 50 cal for bunnies with light charges. It's something different and I had a lot of lead I wouldn't use for big game.

This winter I'm looking into building a small bore Crockett or the like just for small game.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

GW I've been using a Black Powder shotgun barrel on my Traditions in-line for Turkey for years. Makes for a great hunting experience...Smoke and Feathers !!

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I've squirrel hunted with my .45, head shots only or they are tough to clean. But fun and lots of action to give you practice with it.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So I am guessing that for Turkey you used like a ounce of lead pellets and you guy's that are using it for squirrel and rabbits are you using a single slug or pellets as well?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I use a wad cup that holds 1 1/8th oz. with #6 shot. Never had to shot farther than 20 yds...so that does the trick nicely.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I was looking for something like that on cabelas but didn't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    I use a wad cup that holds 1 1/8th oz. with #6 shot. Never had to shot farther than 20 yds...so that does the trick nicely.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

turkey does sound like fun. i have an inline traditions buckstalker and only put slugs through it. interested in throwing some pellets through! how is it done?

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockerpj View Post
    turkey does sound like fun. i have an inline traditions buckstalker and only put slugs through it. interested in throwing some pellets through! how is it done?
    P rocker, you likely won't have much success shooting loose shot from a rifled barrel...........................Daniel
    It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in yer shoe.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

What type of gun do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
    P rocker, you likely won't have much success shooting loose shot from a rifled barrel...........................Daniel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast