Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to get him in daylight

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Trying to get him in daylight

I've had this buck around for a few years now, trying to get him in daylight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by buckdog; October 24th, 2020 at 10:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Nice. That’s a solid buck.
    Good Luck this year.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

how do you do that I have the similar situation

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Just gotta keep at it the more you hunt it the more of a chance it has to slip up.

As the weather gets colder the more you sit he will eventually let his guard down.

Good luck

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

There's no such thing as a "nocturnal " buck. You know where he goes at night, now you need to find where he goes during daylight hours. Mature bucks rarely sleep during the rut, they literally run themselves ragged. Post rut, he's got to put the fat back on before winter.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

no deer are nocturnal, ive done alot of research the past couple weeks cause i have similar deer here, need to try and find the bucks bedding spot. bucks and does dont bed in the same spots. i have doe beds all overthe place over here, some beds arfe literally right on the other side of the treeline from a field not even 30 yards.

but the mature bucks likes the thicker woods and seem to bed very deep in the thick brush, when you get them on cam at night its because they are coming well out of their bedding zones to feed then before daylighht they disappear back into their area, this doesnt mean theyre bedding all day but they are hanging around in the deeper woods where they arent stressed by anything in there or their stress level is way lower.

this doesnt mean they wont slip up and come out one day especially with the rut coming anything goes!

good luck to you and have a great season!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckdog View Post
    I've had this buck around for a few years now, trying to get him in daylight.
    gonna get a million different opinions on this, here’s mine. This coming week is your time to hunt this buck. Halloween is the witching hour for these big bruisers. I keep the area and stands pretty clean then pound this week. The height of the chasing and pre rut activity is what you want to tap into here. Gun week disruption is followed by peak breeding week and this guy gonna Pull a disappearing act for both those then be moving much less later in the month....

also, don’t be afraid to rattle it works the odd time like voodoo
    Last edited by outdoorlife; October 25th, 2020 at 10:30 AM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I rattled and grunted in a nice 6 point this morning. He was doggin a doe all morning and when she went to bed somewhere he was lookin for another lady and came right into me. Hung up at 40 when he couldn’t find the other buck calling him. Interesting enough the grunt only stopped him. The snort wheeze is what brought him right in. Was incredible to watch.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marky.mark View Post
    I rattled and grunted in a nice 6 point this morning. He was doggin a doe all morning and when she went to bed somewhere he was lookin for another lady and came right into me. Hung up at 40 when he couldn’t find the other buck calling him. Interesting enough the grunt only stopped him. The snort wheeze is what brought him right in. Was incredible to watch.
    too cool eh. i grunted a few times this morning and a big boy sauntered through the alfalfa patch. didnt want much to do with me once he moved through but was cool to see how they respond..

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockerpj View Post
    too cool eh. i grunted a few times this morning and a big boy sauntered through the alfalfa patch. didnt want much to do with me once he moved through but was cool to see how they respond..
    good to hear the grunts are working. im going to be trying that and rattling this year hoping for the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast