Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Nuisance Beaver

  1. #11
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Are there any laws against breaking a dam? Maybe not the easiest option but maybe the only one?

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Nuisance beaver? There's a female CO around these parts that has that nickname.
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

  4. #13
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    Are there any laws against breaking a dam? Maybe not the easiest option but maybe the only one?
    Pointless to just break up a damn..they'll just rebuild.

    I used to punch a hole in them around noon...then go back at dusk, sit in a chair with my shotgun and wait for them to come fix it. Took about 20 beavers out of my neighbours property that way.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  5. #14
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I know a trapper that said he could quit his regular job and just do nuisance beaver trapping. He is hired by at least 5 different municipalities/towns.


    Fur worth nothing but castor is still worth good $$$.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

    -Ted Nugent

  6. #15
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    I know a trapper that said he could quit his regular job and just do nuisance beaver trapping. He is hired by at least 5 different municipalities/towns.


    Fur worth nothing but castor is still worth good $$$.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    That actually becomes more of a problem for a guy like me, I am now competing for the services of a trapper who is already on the payroll of several municipalities.I don't know if this trapper takes one beaver or 10 off the Lake I am on,but either way I cannot bank roll this.Its illegal of me to SSS and I have to much respect for my local CO's to do this,but basically right now the woodlot is being ruined (Its under forest management programme) and I am getting a tax break but not holding up my end of the bargain,because legally I cannot shot them,unless they are directly doing damage on MY LAND.
    I would have to actually see one chewing on a tree on my land back 100 feet from the shoreline to shot it.Even then am I allowed to waste the pelt?

  7. #16
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    If your see them building it does that count as destroying? if they are building they are flooding when it floods it damages the property?

    Knock out some of the dam when they are fixing it they are destroying your property. Do you really need to see them knock a tree down. The dam itself is damage to the property.

    Seems like you need a few days to set up shop and watch them destroy the property watch them flood out your property.


    Could that not give a clean pass when they are damaging property? What's causing the flooding the dam the dam will damage your property . I think there is away this route to take. .

    The dam is damage you didn't put it there they are blocking and flooding it's is damaged the drain system .

    I would think a working beaver is causing damage to your property. [emoji106]

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

  8. #17
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Our hardwoods are dying off from flooding from beavers. The farm across the road has massive drainage ditches and all the water on their side flows to our side and into the swamp. Swamp is over flooded and its spilling into the hardwoods. We could kill 10 beavers a year but new ones move in each year.


    Good family friend that farms down the road is so mad at the big cash croppers across the road for their draining to our side, he traps, shoots beavers year round and on our property.


    My buddy that traps that had his traps in the ditch on a sideroad. Lady seen a dead beaver in the trap and she swam out there to retrieve the beaver and trap. She is lucky she missed the other set trap about 4 feet away.

    She called the police and MNR and wanted to trapper charged for trapping

    Well Ministry just charged her for interfering with a trapping operation. I know this hippie, Shes the one that hated us for 30 years for hunting coyotes with dogs. She begged me to come to her property few winters ago and kill coyotes. No thanks I wouldnt hunt there if it was last property in Ontario after the way she treated us. We also gouge the living crap out of her for hay each year haha.



    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

    -Ted Nugent

  9. #18
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    If your see them building it does that count as destroying? if they are building they are flooding when it floods it damages the property?

    Knock out some of the dam when they are fixing it they are destroying your property. Do you really need to see them knock a tree down. The dam itself is damage to the property.

    Seems like you need a few days to set up shop and watch them destroy the property watch them flood out your property.


    Could that not give a clean pass when they are damaging property? What's causing the flooding the dam the dam will damage your property . I think there is away this route to take. .

    The dam is damage you didn't put it there they are blocking and flooding it's is damaged the drain system .

    I would think a working beaver is causing damage to your property. [emoji106]

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Didn't know the dam was off you property [emoji28]. Just caught that.


    Dig a new small pond on your property [emoji6]

    "If you build it they will come" [emoji13]

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

  10. #19
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    If your see them building it does that count as destroying? if they are building they are flooding when it floods it damages the property?

    Knock out some of the dam when they are fixing it they are destroying your property. Do you really need to see them knock a tree down. The dam itself is damage to the property.

    Seems like you need a few days to set up shop and watch them destroy the property watch them flood out your property.


    Could that not give a clean pass when they are damaging property? What's causing the flooding the dam the dam will damage your property . I think there is away this route to take. .

    The dam is damage you didn't put it there they are blocking and flooding it's is damaged the drain system .

    I would think a working beaver is causing damage to your property. [emoji106]

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    I wish the MNR would agree with you view.

  11. #20
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Pointless to just break up a damn..they'll just rebuild.

    I used to punch a hole in them around noon...then go back at dusk, sit in a chair with my shotgun and wait for them to come fix it. Took about 20 beavers out of my neighbours property that way.
    That's essentially what the trapper I know did, without the gun. We made a hole in the dam and he set traps about 3-5 feet from the opening and both beavers were caught swimming towards the hole.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •