Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heater

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Heater

Can you get away with a Mr Buddy heater in your blind when Bow hunting for deer?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Yes I use this me and my dad both use a mr buddy heater and I have a lite buddy heater(small circle one) to bring in the bush

I also bought a adapter off Amazon to fill 1lb propane tanks from a 20 lb rather than spending 20 bucks on 3 1 lb tanks I fill them myself now.

1 thing to note when its on make sure the heater is facing on a angle towards you, sometimes the bright red light will reflect off of your jacket so try and angle it.

Good luck! They're a life saver i always stay warm with them.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I used the buddy twice and didn't see any deer. That doesn't mean the heater had a smell or a reflection just didnt see any deer on those days. Maybe I will try again this season.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I don't think it'll hurt. Seen a good number of deer taken by chain smokin old guys.....

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Heater

I have a big heater for my box blind 20 pounder sits in it 3 settings Bought yard sale $20 came with tank
    Third setting has nice roar to it doesn’t bother deer at all

Sitting in blind tonight. Jello powers sprinkled out screen
    Last edited by js4fn; October 28th, 2020 at 05:10 PM.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Are the Mr. Buddy units loud? A friend was thinking of trying one, he has one of the old style with the heat lamp attaching to the top of a 20lb tank but its pretty noisy.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetright View Post
    Are the Mr. Buddy units loud? A friend was thinking of trying one, he has one of the old style with the heat lamp attaching to the top of a 20lb tank but its pretty noisy.
    not at all, youll start to hear a tiny little hiss when the gas starts to run out and when starting it you gotta click the pilot a few times but thats about it, the low setting on them is enough to be comfortable for long sits and its 10 times better in a blind cause the heat obviously stays in longer, i bring two 1 pound tanks for a morning and afternoon sit just to be safe, if youre running it on high it chews propane so watch out. i believe you can also get a attachment and hose for 20 pound tanks straight to the heater.

1 thing i wish they did better was angle the top of the heater so the hot air would be pushed forward instead of straight up.

the mr buddy lite heater is better in that way but not nearly as warm.

and dont try and angle the heat yourself with anything.
    ive tried everything and destroyed 1 heater in the mean time LOL, i tried to angle a steel grate on the top to push air towards me when sitting, lets just say the heaters plastic outer casing started to melt LOL

sorry for the little rant just trying to give you guys as much info on them as i have

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

There’s mine running on high.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

This is the one I have running on high 20201029_163118.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The older guys on here will remember the old Coleman Catalytic heaters that burned Naphtha (white gas) . I still use one of those in my blinds.
    I sit in a chair and set it up between my legs /under my butt and it works great to keep my front and back warm.

I'm sure these newer heaters throw heat, but as mentioned, it throws the heat out front rather than out the top which seems to work better for hunting needs.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast