While trying to deer hunt

Needed a sling shot

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    My neighbor on the lake shot over 30 red squirrels one winter. I shot 55 then gave up counting from late Sept to early May at camp a few years ago. Didn't take too long before a new crop started to move in. Point is, you have a nice renewal resource to hone your shooting skills.
    Careful what you post. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is illegal to shoot red squirrels

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    Careful what you post. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is illegal to shoot red squirrels
    Not if they are destroying property or you are a trapper, but they are considered a fur bearing animal.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Not if they are destroying property or you are a trapper, but they are considered a fur bearing animal.
    So does that mean you must not let the pelt spoil? That you can't hunt them just for meat?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dresheld View Post
    You have the right to shoot squirrels as long as they invade your property and destroy everything in its path.

As long as one yells out "its coming right for me" before shooting lol
    CCFR, OFAH Member
    Its all about the Journey

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dresheld View Post
    You have the right to shoot squirrels as long as they invade your property and destroy everything in its path. They may be animals, but what a right they have to destroy everything I build. I bear all the expenses for their damages. It's everyone's choice, or get rid of them, or always clean and fix things after these squirrels. I personally chose to get rid of them, but I turned first to professionals. The people at houston.aaacwildliferemoval.com helped me a lot. There were over thirty squirrels in my attic, and I didn't know. They got to the point of eating my wires. I hate them for that!
    I think you'd have some explaining to do (and a nice ticket or maybe worse) if a conservation officer decided to ask you about the red squirrels in your pocket as you come out of the woods.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes1 View Post
    Well I went out to look for raccoons in my yard because they been taking s on my roof and as I started to walk to the backyard I seen 2 squirrels in a tree so I decided to try and shoot them. Well I ranged the tree and it was 33 meters so I shot this one (head shot) and the other took off so I didn’t get to shoot at it. Attachment 41043

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats on your first. Looks like you have a nice set up there.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12