Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pro Tip

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Wearing orange for me is all about not getting shot by someone.

As much as I would love to trust everyone hunting I won't. I've seen some dumb stuff and I haven't been hunting for to long. Rather play it safe and wear orange even if I dont need to. I'd rather let the guy next door know I'm a person walking in to hunt rather than a deer walking across the field to get shot. You never know. People poach at night night hunt illegally. I would rather not be on the other side of that shotgun when that idiot shows up 1 day.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    Wearing orange for me is all about not getting shot by someone.

As much as I would love to trust everyone hunting I won't. I've seen some dumb stuff and I haven't been hunting for to long. Rather play it safe and wear orange even if I dont need to. I'd rather let the guy next door know I'm a person walking in to hunt rather than a deer walking across the field to get shot. You never know. People poach at night night hunt illegally. I would rather not be on the other side of that shotgun when that idiot shows up 1 day.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Well said Bowjob. I share your opinion.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I always wear orange when deer hunting regardless if is bow hunting or gun hunting. Having said that we must be ensure about our target and beyond that is not enough, there are several other parameters, like being visible.
    As far as impact on deer, IMO deer are very sensitive to scent but they don't have good vision, they are color blind and majority of us when we shot a deer, we are either hiding or in a tree stand so we are not seen by deer and wearing orange does not spook deer. Stalking deer is different story, yes, wearing orange might spook deer.
    Last edited by shikarchi; December 3rd, 2020 at 06:09 PM.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

If you don't take the time to properly identify your target, your just simply an ***#&($. No other way to say it. There aren't any excuses good enough to warrent a stupid error like that.
    Yes it's a dumb thing to walk through the woods like that.
    But, as a hunter, you need to identify your target. What is it? How old is it? What sex is it? Where are the vitals and what is a responsible kill shot? What back drop do you have, etc.
    I can't for a second imagine how it's even possible to mistake someone for a deer and shoot them accidentally. Just plain stupidity and negligence, period.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kavanagh View Post
    If you don't take the time to properly identify your target, your just simply an ***#&($. No other way to say it. There aren't any excuses good enough to warrent a stupid error like that.
    Yes it's a dumb thing to walk through the woods like that.
    But, as a hunter, you need to identify your target. What is it? How old is it? What sex is it? Where are the vitals and what is a responsible kill shot? What back drop do you have, etc.
    I can't for a second imagine how it's even possible to mistake someone for a deer and shoot them accidentally. Just plain stupidity and negligence, period.
    Agree 100%.
    If wearing more orange makes you feel safer, have at it, but don't be pushing for everyone to have to follow your safety standards. The above post is bang on, and that is where the safety needs to be focused.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FishHog View Post
    Agree 100%.
    If wearing more orange makes you feel safer, have at it, but don't be pushing for everyone to have to follow your safety standards. The above post is bang on, and that is where the safety needs to be focused.
    Agreed ,again.....That is my stand also ,all along.

You want it-do it,but why make everyone else do it?

Kind of like driving 40 in 60 zone.......if i feel better that way-make the rest to do it too ?!?
    Last edited by gbk; December 10th, 2020 at 12:43 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234