2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Congratulations on your 2nd deer very nice

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Well done. Congrats. That's a heck of a season. Smile!
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

wow, what a brute CONGRATS

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Well done buddy. I'm glad something good came out of 2020 for you!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishunter View Post
    Many of you probably saw my post early October “big buck down, hard work pays off” well after filling my tag so early I was able to enjoy a few weeks of duck hunting before the rut started. The trail camera activity was on and off showing a few monsters in the area usually at night. The bucks started there rutting behavior on November 7th so I knew I had to be there whenever I could. I hunted before work, after work and all day on weekends. I saw some good bucks but nothing mature. After November 16th the cameras went died and nothing was moving. Friday morning (November 20th) I got a call from my brother saying he shot a nice buck and that the does were on the move again. He’s buck only went 20 yards and was a quick recovery. I didn’t want to go to the same spot the next day after gutting a deer there so I went to a different property just down the road. Even though the cameras weren’t showing any deer I figured after my first buck anything could happen. So I headed out there Saturday morning party hunting with my dad. I had a great morning hunt; I saw a doe and 2 bucks one being a border line shooter but decided to pass. I was back at the same spot at 1pm. 3 hours later I hear a branch break 50 yards in front of me. As I’m starring in that direction he pops out, a buck we call the "elk”. Right away I get the video cameras turned on and lift the bow up. He’s rack was so wide he turned to a side to get between the trees. It took him FOREVER to get to my shooting lane. The squirrels behind me wouldn’t shut up so he was consistently looking in my direction. He came out facing me and after holding my bow up for 25 minutes my arms were about to fall off. I debated taking a facing shot but I waited it out. He slowing turned quartering towards me at 30 yards, I put it just in front of he’s shoulder and let it fly. He ran about 30 yards till I heard him crash. I replayed the footage to confirm the shot placement, it was perfect. We backed out for an hour then came back and found him right where I heard him crash. Overall I couldn’t be more thankful on getting the opportunity to have harvested 2 trophy bucks in the same season.

Attachment 41120Attachment 41119Attachment 41117Attachment 41118Attachment 41121
    Smile guys! Hunting is supposed to be fun! lol.j.k congrats on a nice monster!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Haha seems like I'm not the only one that suffers from the "serious face" syndrome when it comes to photos. Two trophy bucks in one season! What was his total spread, looks over 2ft! (if you measured)? That seems like a crazy wide rack and wicked tall brow tines. My dad took a buck that looks almost exactly like that 15 years ago, a wide typical 8 with tall brow tines.
    Screenshot_20201215-182153.jpg
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Haha the killer face, the widest inside spread was 27 3/4 “ nice buck looks like the same style rack. Waiting to get him back from the taxidermy then bringing both bucks to get scored.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishunter View Post
    Haha the killer face, the widest inside spread was 27 3/4 “ nice buck looks like the same style rack. Waiting to get him back from the taxidermy then bringing both bucks to get scored.
    HAHA "killer face" I'm stealing that. 27 3/4"!?!? That's an insane spread. For sure that's a Boone & Crockett award buck.
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Awesome buck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast