Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Misdialed 911 call leads RCMP to home with 100 unsecured guns

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by onelessarrow View Post
    I don't have a clue what he said. I'm assuming the questions i mentioned above would be pretty standard for an officer who observed guns laying around the house.
    But if he has trigger locks in the house for all the guns or a large enough safe, then your point/argument could come into play.
    All he has to do is put them in the spare bathroom( no windows) and have a lock.

Not that hard to comply with storage laws.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

When I said safe, I was referring to all containers that can be locked without easy access.
    I would also suggest that you be sure that the door hinge pins are on the inside if you think you're good to go with room storage.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

One might also think it reasonable for regional, provincial and federal LEO's to have taken the firearms course and qualify for an RPAL and to know the course information for the safe handling and storage of their personal sidearms. Many may have but it's not a requirement.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by be2man View Post
    One might also think it reasonable for regional, provincial and federal LEO's to have taken the firearms course and qualify for an RPAL and to know the course information for the safe handling and storage of their personal sidearms. Many may have but it's not a requirement.
    How many firearms have been stolen/lost by police and the military? last count according to reports, 565.
    TALK ABOUT SAFE STORAGE AND HANDLING ?????????? maybe it,s time THEY took the course!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    How many firearms have been stolen/lost by police and the military? last count according to reports, 565.
    TALK ABOUT SAFE STORAGE AND HANDLING ?????????? maybe it,s time THEY took the course!
    X5000.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don't have a clue what he said. I'm assuming the questions i mentioned above would be pretty standard for an officer who observed guns laying around the house.
    But if he has trigger locks in the house for all the guns or a large enough safe, then your point/argument could come into play.
    A bedroom with a lock on the door is enough.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

When I said safe, I was referring to all containers that can be locked without easy access.
    I would also suggest that you be sure that the door hinge pins are on the inside if you think you're good to go with room storage.
    The pins do not need to be on the inside, if they need a tool to get into the room (screwdriver) then you have met the requirements.

The safety requirements have nothing to do with theft, they have everything to do with slowing someone unauthorized to access the firearms, mainly kids.

The $5000 gun safes can be broken into with cordless tools, they just take a little less time than a hollow core door.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

The difference between locking your house and a bedroom is?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The difference between locking your house and a bedroom is?
    Non-restricted firearms

Attach a secure locking device, such as a trigger lock or cable lock (or remove the bolt) so the firearms cannot be fired; or
    Lock the firearms in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into.

Those are the rules from the RCMP.

Do with it what you want, not going back and forth over all this crap again. Every single year.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Non-restricted firearms

Attach a secure locking device, such as a trigger lock or cable lock (or remove the bolt) so the firearms cannot be fired; or
    Lock the firearms in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into.

Those are the rules from the RCMP.

Do with it what you want, not going back and forth over all this crap again. Every single year.
    I have not seen an interior door lock yet that was difficult to break into.....you may think that meets the requirement, but I can tell you it will not, should you have an issue..but you conduct yourself as you see fit.
    Last edited by rick_iles; August 13th, 2019 at 10:49 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast