Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Hullett Marsh Pheasant Release

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Pheasant Funding for 2020 Release:

$5590 from Pheasant Challenge ticket sales (559 tickets)
    $870 direct cash donations to release program
    $3000 from 2019 Spring Dinner/Auction

This $9460 will allow 918 pheasants to be released in 2020!

Thank you upland hunters for your support to keep the program alive and strong!

PS....the Pheasant Challenge draw will be held at 12 noon today at Clinton Sporting Goods...good luck to all.
    Friends of Hullett

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

You can support the future pheasant releases by coming to our annual fundraiser.

Donations towards our Auction are another way to help!

2020CharityDinnerPoster (1)-1.jpg

Visit our homepage http://www.hullettmarsh.com for more details.
    Friends of Hullett

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

If any of you guys are looking for a last minute valentines day gift, I got a couple tickets to the fundraising dinner for me and my wife...just saying.

Joking aside, this is a worthwhile cause and great night out.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    If any of you guys are looking for a last minute valentines day gift, I got a couple tickets to the fundraising dinner for me and my wife...just saying.

Joking aside, this is a worthwhile cause and great night out.
    Thanks Dilly and also for your donation of your custom made Turkey call that will go in the auction!
    Friends of Hullett

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

This message went out to our members yesterday for those of you that do not have a FOH membership. With a ticket purchase you receive a free membership and get a $50 charitable tax receipt!

Friends of Hullett Dinner Ticket 2020 (00000002)_001.jpg

Hello Friends & Members,

At this point we have sold 42 tickets to the spring fundraiser on Saturday April 18/2020.

Click here and scroll down for detailed information.

If you hunt Pheasants at Hullett please remember that proceeds from this event are crucial to the continuation of the Pheasant Release Program. Consider buying a ticket(s) and bring your spouse and/or make an item donation towards the auction.

3 Early Bird Prizes for tickets purchased by Friday March 6th 2020!

• $50 gift certificate to Maelstrom Winery located near the FOH office
    • $50 gift certificate to Clinton Sporting Goods
    • $50 gift certificate to River Road Brewing & Hops/Bayfield

We could use help from the FOH membership in prize collection and auction item donations. Please email us for a “donation request” letter that you can canvass with should you want to help us make this event a success. Donations large or small all contribute to the event. Charitable tax receipts will be issued for all donations of auction items.

Please contact us to purchase tickets and/or to accept donations.
    Friends of Hullett

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Well said! Those township licences are a joke just like a habitat management programs in Ontario. Our province should be rich in game except each year I notice habitat loss due to cash crops or development. It discouraged me as hunter to see a future for any type of small game hunting in this province if we don’t start adopting programs, like the US, and manage habitat for small game. I would buy into these types of programs If it was guaranteed that the MNR and OFAH would show some type of initiative to make some changes.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I fully agree. The fence lines are disappearing, the wood lots aren't being cut to encourage new growth, and the best land both for farming and wild life habitat are getting covered in houses.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

The cash crops do feed a lot of deer and turkeys and coons. Wood lots are still cut. But you are correct fences have disappeared
    If Ontario was all woodlot like in 1750 the deer numbers would be much lower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Apprentice

User Info Menu

But we're talking about upland species here. Grouse, Woodcock, Huns.
    Woodlots are cut but generally then planted in corn and beans.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Upland bird hunting has very little importance to the MNR. Big game is what affects northern ridings. And as Tim said Southern habitat only has value if it can be transformed into residential development. Can’t really blame the land owners though.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast