Loyal Member

User Info Menu

i agree

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

If the things keep going the direction they are heading with the moose and deer(really hope NOT)there are good chances the only viable big game Hunting other then the bear may be wild boar hunting in Ontario,soon in our lifetime.
    I rather hunt moose and deer....but not looking really good.
    Sucks.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    If the things keep going the direction they are heading with the moose and deer(really hope NOT)there are good chances the only viable big game Hunting other then the bear may be wild boar hunting in Ontario,soon in our lifetime.
    I rather hunt moose and deer....but not looking really good.
    Sucks.
    The moose are done if they do not drastically change things, hard to see the deer leave unless the pigs move up here and predate on them.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

The hogs have already established themselves in Canada. They inhabit every parliament building in the country. There is an open season for them every four years or so. The limit is one...use it wisely!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grasu200 View Post
    i agree
    Looking at the date of this original thread and the ensuing arguments, not sure this should have been revived. Lol

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    I think pigs would be great here! Nothing else left to hunt. Just think ... no matter what the MNR did these things would flourish! They're good to eat! breed like rabbits and weigh 100 times more then rabbits. We've been over run with zebra mussels, gobi's, cormorants, ticks, coyotes, wolves, new wolf species, exploding bear populations, etc etc and yet we survive. All these were supposed to be the end of the Ontario ecosystems! NAH! Never happened .. all hype! On a plus side our aboriginal populations are growing and our game populations are dwindling. This new tasty critter could fill the void quite nicely. And there would lots left for the rest of us! I'm voting PIGS.
    I would also like to see them here in Southern Ontario!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    I would also like to see them here in Southern Ontario!
    Don't call yourself a conservationist then.

You have to love when people say that hunters are the original conservationist but then they write stuff like this.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

African swine flu is already affecting pigs in China and could spread Worldwide.We have had outbreaks here already on farms of various contagious diseases spread very easily.As Ontario is a big pork producer it would make sense to mitigate the spread of any of these diseases.For that reason alone I would not want to see wild boar as a species to hunt never mind the damage to crops.My avatar would love it but he doesn't get a vote.LOL

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    African swine flu is already affecting pigs in China and could spread Worldwide.We have had outbreaks here already on farms of various contagious diseases spread very easily.As Ontario is a big pork producer it would make sense to mitigate the spread of any of these diseases.For that reason alone I would not want to see wild boar as a species to hunt never mind the damage to crops.My avatar would love it but he doesn't get a vote.LOL
    As a former pig farmer and now a cash cropper I would not want wild pigs. They are destructive and a disease vector
    Pigs provide a lot of wealth and jobs domestically for, Truckers, feed mills, feed growers,equipment mfg, vets and meat packers
    And a lot of export income
    It rivals the auto industry in wealth produced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ontariofarmer View Post
    As a former pig farmer and now a cash cropper I would not want wild pigs. They are destructive and a disease vector
    Pigs provide a lot of wealth and jobs domestically for, Truckers, feed mills, feed growers,equipment mfg, vets and meat packers
    And a lot of export income
    It rivals the auto industry in wealth produced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Exactly, just remember how the hunters you let join you hunting on your property feel on the matter.

I know a hunter in Ottawa who actually said he did not give a s*** about farmers or rural land owners when it came to voting in the last provincial election, I hope all those who let him hunt know what his opinion was.