Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Squirrel Hunting

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trky chsr View Post
    I hope you're joking. That's the dumbest and most unethical thing I've read. So if they don't fall out you've killed a "few" squirrels that will rot in the nest, nice. TC
    Don’t worry the nest will be empty
    When squirrels attack sap line and you have half dozen trees or more draining on the ground vacuum is broken you lob enough ammo up there not one bit of nest is left
    Remember squirrels are just rats with a fuzzy tail

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Never shoot into a squirrel nest, respect the animal.
    That is absolutely disgusting!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Takes less fox and grey squirrels to make stew, then the red ones. Out west you can shoot all the red squirrels you want but it takes a pile to make a meal for one person. Try feeding five or six guys..
    Red ones are fur bearers in Ontario, cannot be legally hunted.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Red ones are fur bearers in Ontario, cannot be legally hunted.
    They are fur bearers out west as well, just so many of them...
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Sweetness View Post
    Never shoot into a squirrel nest, respect the animal.
    That is absolutely disgusting!
    So is shooting animals to Peta, but we would love to hear from you why it would be " Absolutely Disgusting ".

Do you find using bait, running dogs, or OTHER types of Hunting or Fishing Disgusting?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

They are fur bearers out west as well, just so many of them...
    That does not mean that you can hunt them, protection of property is one thing but you would still be allowing a fur to spoil, even for a tree rat.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So is shooting animals to Peta, but we would love to hear from you why it would be " Absolutely Disgusting ".

Do you find using bait, running dogs, or OTHER types of Hunting or Fishing Disgusting?
    My guess is that some have ethics that differ to yours, they would class shooting squirrels in nests a no. no. same as shooting bears in their dens .
    There would also be instances where shots into a nest would instantly kill a squirrel and it would not fall out , a total waste.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    That does not mean that you can hunt them, protection of property is one thing but you would still be allowing a fur to spoil, even for a tree rat.
    It is legal to hunt and eat them out west. So that means that YES you can hunt them legally in the circumstances I was talking about in my post.

As for red squirrels being a tree rat, more like a tree mouse.
    Last edited by Snowwalker; October 21st, 2019 at 01:40 PM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    My guess is that some have ethics that differ to yours, they would class shooting squirrels in nests a no. no. same as shooting bears in their dens .
    There would also be instances where shots into a nest would instantly kill a squirrel and it would not fall out , a total waste.
    The difference is, shooting bears in their den is illegal in this province. Shooting tree rats in a nest is not.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Not a big nest buster myself. That is shotgun stuff.

You at least have a point and can make an argument about game being killed and not recovered. Which is far beyond sweetness and his "Absolutley Disgusting " statement. But on the other hand, there is the possibility that game can be lost with just about every form of hunting.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast