Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They were Flying!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default They were Flying!

The geese that is , last night sitting out on the patio towards dusk, I finally heard 3 different flocks of geese flying by , didn't see them but definitely heard thm, they were flying out of sight on the other side of the bush lot near us.
    This is the first that I have heard geese since the spring.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

They are starting to form some large flocks already..
    20190923_154557.jpg
    20190923_154437.jpg

Those are only the resident geese. The northern birds still have not started to move yet.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    They are starting to form some large flocks already..

Those are only the resident geese. The northern birds still have not started to move yet.
    Really???? How do you know this???
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer View Post
    These are the same geese I see every week in Ohio. Normally they are spread over several ponds. They are also small for Northern Canada's. Lots of them are just from this years hatch.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Because he is snowalker!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

These are the same geese I see every week in Ohio. Normally they are spread over several ponds. They are also small for Northern Canada's. Lots of them are just from this years hatch.
    They are smaller because they could very well be "lesser Canada's " of which there are lots in the ohio valley.

"lesser Canada's, now called "Cackling Geese " in the regs. "
    Last edited by jaycee; September 25th, 2019 at 12:10 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm chomping at the bit! There's 400 geese every night in our back wheat field. Another 200-300 landing in another seeded down wheat field across the road. If they are gone by saturday I'm going to lose it! LOL

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Holy crap man you sure like to spew just that..........crap........we killed 7 bands in the early season, 4 on opening day, all from James bay except one was a molt migrant from Michigan which was in with the northern birds (do you know what a molt migrant is without googling it???). Here is a news flash for you......geese from the north are all lessers and smaller than the birds that breed in our area which includes Ohio birds........there is another sub-species of goose from the north called giants which are even bigger than our locals but not many come through Ontario.

Gets so sickening the crap you are constantly spewing on this site..........you’ve been called out on it a bunch lately, just add this one to the long list of subjects you claim to know but clearly know squat............and the sad part is you are going to the mentors camp again.........best case for most rookies is to complete steer clear of this guy and his crappy advice.........
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Here we go again LOL
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Holy crap man you sure like to spew just that..........crap........we killed 7 bands in the early season, 4 on opening day, all from James bay except one was a molt migrant from Michigan which was in with the northern birds (do you know what a molt migrant is without googling it???). Here is a news flash for you......geese from the north are all lessers and smaller than the birds that breed in our area which includes Ohio birds........there is another sub-species of goose from the north called giants which are even bigger than our locals but not many come through Ontario.

Gets so sickening the crap you are constantly spewing on this site..........you’ve been called out on it a bunch lately, just add this one to the long list of subjects you claim to know but clearly know squat............and the sad part is you are going to the mentors camp again.........best case for most rookies is to complete steer clear of this guy and his crappy advice.........
    Nice for you..
    I have watch the adults nest, hatch and raise them on the ponds in the area. Since I drive thru and have stopped at the same place twice a week for the last five to six months, I got to watch them grow up.

You have had your tail in a knot since I found that Meme on Pinterest.

Not sure why you would take something like that so personal.

Oh I was wondering. Could you tell me the spot of your's I am said to have stolen. You did say I "STOLE" your spot in one of your posts.
    Last edited by Snowwalker; September 24th, 2019 at 05:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast